72 Q code 4 speed vert on eBay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
This car was on cl in Atlanta a few months back. I contacted him then and we played phone tag last night. One of 201, wish I had it beside my 72 Q automatic. This guy is lucky for sure. I ask him about the vert in the background of the first picture when it was cl. It is a 73 Q code 4 speed T-5 that he got in Columbia, S.C. where the army base is. Lots of T-5 cars came back through Columbia. I think the government charged a token fee of $1.00 to ship your car back to U.S..

Anyway someone might be interested in this rare model but lots of work to be done for sure. Probably cowl leak since floor is gone on drivers side and engine not running. Not many options for sure.

I think the pills are working I am not buying this one, lol.

David

s-l1600[1].jpg

s-l1600[4].jpg

David,

Thanks for posting.

I've seen this one a few times. I would love to see the invoice. Car appears very bare-bones other than it being a Q code.

Accessory Packaging??? Huh???

3.50 conventional rear axle on a Q code? Huh? I thought the Q codes all received 3.25 (AC cars) or optional 3.50 limited slip rear gears?

Ray

Ray 350 ratio was an option and trac-lok was an additional option

Don

This guy bought that car local to me I met previous owner. He only paid 6k for it. Also no tach with a 4 speed? That's weirs

Looks like this one will not sell.

I talked with the owner again and both the cars in the picture are DSO 90 cars. It seems there was a loop hole in some paperwork that the military people could order these cars and they would be built as export models but never leave the country. They got some kind of tax benefit by doing it. The owner of the blue car tracked down the original owner and he had bought two and sent him the original paperwork.

If he gets it running he will stand a better chance of selling, rare but just no options and probably not the best color.

David

Back