73 Mach one fiberglass parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fiberglass parts huh? Im on the same boat. The stock hood is real heavy, around 100lbs id say, my new race weight mach one fiberglass hood from Usbody, MAYBE 15lbs. Metal fenders weigh 50lbs each, the fiberglass ones I made for the car weigh approx 12lbs each! I will be making a trunklid as well, a factory lid is roughly 25-30lbs, my fiberglass one will weigh approx 8lbs. However, the doors are very heavy complete, but I will not put fiberglass doors on the car until there is a rollcage in the car With door bars. God forbid I get t-boned while driving the car with fiberglass doors! I figure you'll save around 130lbs, if not more with fiberglass fenders, doors, and trunklid made of fiberglass, I like that idea!

As for fitment, nothing is going to fit 100%, but you can get either fiberglass or sheetmetal parts to fit with some time and patience.

Hope I was able to help you
:goodpost: see I was right some where between heavy and damn heavy:p

haha, yea, they sure are damn heavy... just remember, every 100lbs lighter, the car should go roughly 1/10th of a second faster in the 1/4 mile... or so

Back