73 Mach1 Back Again With Pics/Questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ok thank you! Got some miss information there! Lol but sounds like 2v then! And ya ours is an H ans cobra is Q.

Also sense we would be doing the 2v sense the cobra is complete different then what we thought, in a as close to original restoration as possible, would an original 73 2/2 intake and carb be worth more to the cars overall vaule, or would there not be much difference between that and what is currently on it?
Those are pretty much bolt-on upgrades so I don't think it would affect the value much if at all. Really, you have to ask yourself why you're doing this...if it's as an investment, I'd bet you'll end up spending far more than its market value says it's worth. Do what you want and enjoy it for what it is...not for how much money it may or may not be worth.

Another edit: I believe that 4V and 2V refer to main caps. You'll hear them referred to as "4 bolt mains" and "2 bolt mains". The 4 bolt main caps were stronger, allowing for higher duration RPM use (racing). PLEASE if I'm wrong someone correct me. 4V and 2V do NOT refer to the number of barrels in the intake and carb NOR do they refer to the number of valves in the heads. Again, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

There are many people on here that are more knowledgeable, I'm just relaying things that I've picked up on this forum. I have a 429, not a 351. Now that I think about it, maybe the main cap thing applies to the 429 family (TJ vs CJ/SCJ). LOL sorry if I've confused things.
Lol no problem, there's a lot to know. Me personally I want to just get it running and be able to drive it, but were not planning on selling but I think he just doesn't want to invest money in parts to get it running properly or in things that may hurt the vaule and then have to get something instead. We have a lot of local car shows and I'd love to take it to some when its finished, and to me every single bolt doesn't have to be from a 73 but I don't personally want like a restomod. Thanks for your information! :)
Disregard my 2nd and 3rd paragraphs, I was confusing engines. The 2V and 4V does refer to the type of intake/heads and not the main caps. I edited my last post too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the large exhaust ports of the 351c 4v heads you have to use the 4v exhaust manifolds.

If the car is a H code mach 1 going back to the 2 barrel intake and carb is not necessarily going to help it's value. If you restore the car to a nice driver status, the edelbrock intake 4 barrel carb and a nice duel exhaust could help it's value. If your not going to restore every nut and bolt clip screw to as new or better I would say your wasting your time going back to the 2 barrel in my opinion. As posted earlier the edelbrock intake and 4 barrel carb is a great upgrade for 351c 2v engine.
Yes it's an H, and can you clarify the part about the exhuast manifold please? And that's my personal plan, is to have a nice driver and pretty correct restoration that if someone looks at it they go that's bad ass haha not nessasarly that bolt right there is from a 72 or something. Thank you for your posts.

Does anyone happen to know where I can get a tool for the lug-nuts on this style rim? If the picture isn't close enough please let me know and I'll take a closer one.
Awww Not sure..Some one mite know...Looks like a old anti thief lug.

And no matter what...It's your ride..And if you wanna take it back original..Thats great..or want a bit of both..Is great too...We will help you as much as possible with both types..lol

Does anyone happen to know where I can get a tool for the lug-nuts on this style rim? If the picture isn't close enough please let me know and I'll take a closer one.
Awww Not sure..Some one mite know...Looks like a old anti thief lug.

And no matter what...It's your ride..And if you wanna take it back original..Thats great..or want a bit of both..Is great too...We will help you as much as possible with both types..lol
My Dad was told that it came with a tool for it, but of course we don't have it and a gentleman said you'd either have to break them off, or force some kind of head onto which would ruin the head or something, I'm not 100% though, but we can't get them off lol. And thanks! Either way we have appreciated everyone's wonderful help!!!

Take a fresh 13/16 impact socket, hammer it down onto the lock to create a grip on it and then use an air impact to remove.

I've done it this way lots of times. The harder ones to do are the rims where the lugs are shrouded by the wheel architecture.

Finally got the Marti Report, and it's not a 1 of 1 which is what we figured. When looking over the car, my Dad has a book that listed different options that the car's had, there were some features my Dad noticed that aren't on the report. It's either they were added after or for some reason the report didn't list them, but my Dad thinks they had to have been put on at the factory, but of course he's not 100%. So here are the things he noticed:

Seat Belt Reminder Light

Instrument group (oil, alt., temp.)

Trip Odometer

Remote Control Outside Left Mirror

Pioneer Super Tuner Radio/Stereo System (Not sure if this is orig.)

Sport Rear Seat/Luggage Compartment

The Report is Attached:

3F05H210744_dlxrpt.pdf

Marti Report.jpg

Attachments

• 3F05H210744_dlxrpt.pdf
    168 KB · Views: 1
Seat Belt Reminder Light

Trip Odometer

I'll take a stab at it.

Stock items:

Seat belt reminder light

Odometer

Remote driver mirror

Factory options:

Instrument lights for sure! Different wiring harness.

Sport rear seat (listed as sport deck)

Aftermarket:

Radio

If i might ask.. I've got a Deluxe Marti on order right now.. how long did it take to get yours?

Seat Belt Reminder Light

Trip Odometer

I'll take a stab at it.

Stock items:

Seat belt reminder light

Odometer

Remote driver mirror

Factory options:

Instrument lights for sure! Different wiring harness.

Sport rear seat (listed as sport deck)

Aftermarket:

Radio
Thank you thank you! That helps out a lot! :)

If i might ask.. I've got a Deluxe Marti on order right now.. how long did it take to get yours?
It took 5 days. It says 3-5 and so right on 5 got it! :)

thanks..

as for the radio - the AM radio is a Philco no. D3ZA-18806. I got mine on Ebay for 45.00 shipped.

thanks..

as for the radio - the AM radio is a Philco no. D3ZA-18806. I got mine on Ebay for 45.00 shipped.
Thank you very much!! I'll look for one!

Just as a side point of interest, my 71 J-code has the AM/FM Stereo Radio listed on the original Invoice as a $224.65 Option..

Man that was a lot of cash back then for a radio....

Just as a side point of interest, my 71 J-code has the AM/FM Stereo Radio listed on the original Invoice as a $224.65 Option..

Man that was a lot of cash back then for a radio....
That is a lot! But I'm sure for cassettes it was amazing lol

Back