73 Master cylinder/brake booster combo

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOUHABY

Reaction score
My Car
73 MACH 1
Q CODE
4 SPEED
ORIG OWNER
Anyone have any advice/history with a good replacement for above, my master is leaking into the booster,,,,I guess I have to figure that after 40 something years had to happen.  Any suggestions on a replacement?  Of course I want easy install and good fitment along with good performance.  thx for the advice.,,,,Lou

I sent mine in for a rebuild through Rockauto.com. It was around $115 for both to be rebuilt. Sent it to a place down in Texas. I should have it back next week.

I do not have the name in my mind right now but they are in Oregon. Have lifetime warranty and I am told are very good. The master cylinder for the PB is if I remember correct 15/16" dia. and manual is 1" dia.. You can rebuilt the master cylinder yourself unless it is pitted bad and needs a sleeve. If you are trying to keep original you need to send to have rebuilt. If you buy over the counter they are not made the same as original.

I have been driving my 73 with bad booster this year until cold weather then will send to Oregon for sure.

D

Back in 00, I had an Opel booster rebuilt by a place in California called Vanco. Nice job and decent price, better than an Autozone replacement, for sure.

I sent mine in for a rebuild through Rockauto.com.  It was around $115 for both to be rebuilt. Sent it to a place down in Texas. I should have it back next week.
Kevin, I was just curious if you ever got your brake booster back and if you’re happy with it? I’m considering sending mine thru Rockauto too. When I go to their site it only shows for Prior part #2510237 with front disc, rear disc, $99.99 Mine is front disc, rear drum. Is this the same part # that you used? Thanks Ryan.

I was at a show the other day and he had sent his booster to Oregon and they called him and said the repair was free. When they rebuild one they mark inside. They had rebuilt the one in his car before so it had lifetime guarantee so he got it rebuilt for free. He did not even send the first time it was a PO but still free.

I am still driving mine show season about over then it will go probably send two at one time.

D

Latest posts

Back