A long overdue custom paint scheme...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would a standard 71-72 Mach 1 paint scheme look like? Blue car, orange lower rockers, hockey stripes and hood "black out" (orange out? :) )
A bit rushed and sloppy, but here we go:

ka61d0.jpg

Not really keen on it, IMHO. I didn't stripe it - and probably all for the better too.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Could I order an 05 car in it's most basic form to look pretty much identical to an 02 car?Or will it have something, no matter how little, to differentiate it?
The main differences between ordering your '73 Gulf as a Sportsroof rather than a Mach 1:

• Trunk badging
  • Optional wheel lip moldings
  • Honeycomb rear taillight panel
  • Optional 5-slot mags (Magnum 500's shown above are incorrect)
  • Sport mirrors are optional
  • NACA hood is an extra-cost option

Touché.

-Kurt

Kurt, your subject car is a '73... Do it up with '73 stripes.
At that point, the Gulf scheme means nothing more than the colors; not even the valance will carry the proper orange.

I'll try it tomorrow though, if only for curiosity.

-Kurt

While you are busy photo shopping, can you change my wheel cutouts to black and bright lime. I don't like the grey on the Eleanor copies. Think I will make them black. Love the Gulf oil leman paint scheme.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the bumper is too heavy for all that orange. Need a front spoiler to be orange and the bumper to be just a continuation of the hood stripe.

Latest posts

Back