AC fasteners

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Higgins56

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Fastback now with 503 CID 4 bolt block with AFR Bullit heads , Edelbrock Performer RPM AirGap intake and ProSystems carburettor 1050.
4 sp Toploader with 9" Wavetrac rear.
Caltracs and shocks at the rear.
Hi guys,

I have a 71 429 engine in my 71 Mach 1.

originally there was AC in the car but not anymore - the gear inside the dashboard is there and also wiring harness from a 72 mach 1 with AC and I have bought all other needed components to have AC again in this car.

My worry is to get correct fasteners to install the pulleys and the brackets and there compressor etc.

Can someone help where to get these studs, nuts and bolts ( a kit perhaps ?)

By the way... regarding the electric connection.. I have one cut cable available in the engine compartment which is black with yellow hash marks - is this the one for the AC compressor ? If not - what would it be ?

thanks !

Use special care is making sure you use the correct length bolts in the right locations. From the factory those big head bolts were two different lengths. Installed in the wrong hole will punch through the compressor case.

black with yellow hash marks wire is for the AC compressor for a 71.
Thanks a lot for this confirmation - thats what I figured , too.

The original 71 wiring harness was so bad that I replaced it with an available 72 wiring harness which to my understanding is nearly the same as 71. So far no changes needed and the car is running and registered again....

Any Idea where to ask the fasteners for the AC system ? - they have to be pretty standard anyway but the correct lengths is a question mark. There are also a couple of studs needed which are not so common.

Regarding the cut wires in the engine compartment the 72 harness is from a car with automatic gearbox ( I have Toploader now) there are following wires which are now extra? - perhaps for the gearbox ??? Any Idea:

red with yellow hash marks

brown ending to a single connector ( cream color tube like)

brown with red dots

red with light green stripe

Thanks again

Scan 20.jpeg

The original 71 wiring harness was so bad that I replaced it with an available 72 wiring harness which to my understanding is nearly the same as 71. So far no changes needed and the car is running and registered again....

Any Idea where to ask the fasteners for the AC system ? - they have to be pretty standard anyway but the correct lengths is a question mark. There are also a couple of studs needed which are not so common.

Regarding the cut wires in the engine compartment the 72 harness is from a car with automatic gearbox ( I have Toploader now) there are following wires which are now extra? - perhaps for the gearbox ??? Any Idea:

brown with red dots

Thanks again
Maybe this guy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/429-460-Ford-A-C-Compressor-Mount-Bracket-Mustang-Mach-1-Cougar-CJ-70-71-72-73-/191392237996?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c8fddc9ac&vxp=mtr

Fasteners from AMK:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/amk-products-air-conditioning-components-to-engine-fastener-kit-302-351c-1970-1973/p/ACK70302/

FMX shifter wiring and AC pump:

Last edited by a moderator:

brown with red dots

Thanks again
You were great help - CJ Pony Parts has those fasteners as a kit.

I think all of mine cut wires + the brown one with the connector as in your photo are for the gear box.

I wonder where this tube like female connector for the AC would be available + other type Ford electric connectors as well - anyone specialized on tj´hose items ?

Cut wires copy.jpg

Back