adjusting door glass

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1, 351c 4v, C6 trans, grabber blue with white interior
I recently replaced the outer beltline trim on the door. I noticed that after doing this, the window is tight against the upper door trim when it is rolled up such that it makes closing the door harder than it was. I'm assuming its because the newer beltline trim is pressing into the window harder than the older trim causing the tighter fit.

Is there an adjustment for the window to tilt it out a little on the top? I cant seem to find any posts when trying to search.

Thanks!

I recently replaced the outer beltline trim on the door. I noticed that after doing this, the window is tight against the upper door trim when it is rolled up such that it makes closing the door harder than it was. I'm assuming its because the newer beltline trim is pressing into the window harder than the older trim causing the tighter fit.

Is there an adjustment for the window to tilt it out a little on the top? I cant seem to find any posts when trying to search.

Thanks!
Since no one has chimed in, I’ll give an opinion...I went through this on my recent reinstall of all the windows and associated hardware on my current restoration.

As I recall, that adjustment on the front doors may require a couple of adjustments. There are three adjustable felt lined window supports along the length of the door right at the top by the felt trim. These can be adjusted to help tilt the window a bit. Additionally, the main window support (plastic piece) that rides up and down the long metal shaft can be adjusted by unloosening the two bolts.

I don’t have the diagram in front of me, but I believe playing with these two adjustments will allow you to have the window tilt in or out a bit more to make the necessary adjustment toy seek. Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Just surprised me that I didnt find more info when looking for posts or google searches. Maybe used the wrong wording or something.

Sometimes, the manuals don’t make sense... I’ve read them all and for adjustments such as this, it may take a little more playing around on 45+ year old parts today. A guide, yes, but that’s about it in my experience.

Back