Aftermarket wiring harness

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could see that, but across 2500 miles of ocean a step drill and some solid paint on black laquer look like a really easy fix with instruction to do so.............

basically this is where it goes, make it happen if it isn't there. It is a RHD conversion after all so all genuine concourse is gone, so make it work with what you can, and you're the man that can define the work.

Heh you're at this point edging a line into my world of structural electrical design, my plans show whats is needed in the end and I make the middle happen and define anything that needs to take place:) its fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
That hole is about well more than 1 if not 2 inches in diameter. You'll need a hole saw, not a step drill!

1"2"3" or more, in design application the designer makes the notes, its on the installer to make it happen within reason. Put whats needed and and give the wiring and it will work.......with enough creativity :)

I'd take a defined do this over a maybe this maybe that tell me what you see and I hope you can describe what I need to know anyday.

you know I'm not knocking you in any way mid. Just sometimes when you know what you need to know, and know what you need to do, sometimes its just best to tell someone to do what you say to redo it, instead of trying to fix something they don't understand. We all get plug a into b and it A and be are on opposite side of the firewall then make a path for a to b.

you know I'm not knocking you in any way mid. Just sometimes when you know what you need to know, and know what you need to do, sometimes its just best to tell someone to do what you say to redo it,  instead of trying to fix something they don't understand. We all get plug a into b and it A and be are on opposite side of the firewall then make a path for a to b.
All I'll say at this point is that males go into females, as females are always hot when energized!

Most everyone can appreciate and understand that...::devil:: :whistling:   lollerz

ok probably waaaaaaaay to late here, but hindsight is 20/20 and mine is like 20/10. Wouldn't you be better off to ship the harness to midlife, knowing he knows every circuit, and he knows its RHD. Let him check and fit it (will cost some but you knows its right) and send a whole RHD unit back? Mid that's within what you can do right? I assume you have access to a basic structure you would fit to and give a couple inches on the fuse box, maybe supply a tie wrap  :) Basically retro fit it generic but knowing what the car has.
Yep a bit late and I already have my AAW harness. Have been going over my old harness marking out the connectors and odd wires

Will tackle installing the new harness in a week or so as just got my tach back from RCC

I like Midlife's terminalology but think the LGBT community will short circuit over his findings!

Hi Oz,

Just noticed your issues with the wiring of your car.

I am not quite there yet but I would appreciate your advice once you get into it.

My local sparky says the underdash wires are very brittle and could cause problems,

I am considering installing a brand new harness like you are doing, will be interesting to see

how you go with RHD,

Regards,

Melfunctions

Hi Melfunctions

Yes it will be a challenge but main difference LHD/RHD is just wiring lengths and whether you go through the firewall on the left or right side

I'm sticking with the original side on the left and will just have longer wires to the instrument area

You will need to splice into most of your original wiring connectors so get some practice with a good soldering iron

Also handy to have a good colour wiring schematic, PM me if you don't have one and I will post to you

Will let you know how it goes

Back