All this talk about sub-frame connectors...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible 351c 2V
OK, guys and gals...

My Vert sits a little low on the driver's side. I had always just dismissed it to me being a BIG guy (300 lbs). Last summer, I replaced the rear leaf springs, shackles and all the bolts, but left the shocks alone because they were obviously replaced recently by the PO (And I don't get a bouncing indicative of bad shocks).

I don't currently have the torque plate installed, and do not have any sub-frame connectors.

Plans for this summer are to add either an H or an X connector in the dual exhaust, and put the torque plate back on.

And I may install sub-frame connectors, so teh question is: Should I have the frame checked by an expert before I weld in sub-frame connectors? And if so, approximately how much does something like that cost?

You really do want to get the sub frame connectors installed, especially on a convertible. I did mine 20 plus years ago. I can jack up any corner of the car and the doors will open/shut no issues. If it was me, it would be the very next thing I did/spent money on.

Thanks, guys! Once the roads are free of salt and dry, I'll start the process.

Just ordered a pair of Global West from Jegs

Last edited by a moderator:
Back