any value? factory used rebuildable front susp components

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadwarrior

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sportroof, original V8 gage a/c 3spd car that was very unloved

1971 convertible purchased from original owner
Hi all, hope it's OK to post this here. If not, lemme know...

I recently replaced the front suspension on my 71 Convertible. I have what I think are factory original (71k mile car) upper and lower control arms and perches which are in decent condition and I imagine are rebuildable for someone working on restoring a car. These have not been torn up around the bushings.

How do I identify these are factory Ford, and do these have any value to someone if they were free + shipping? If not they will go into the steel scrap pile.

I know that GM guys would rather restore and rebuild with factory stuff, so want these to go someplace for use if wanted/needed.

Thank you,

Tom

PM sent. I'd like them if they are truly OEM. My car has a full Global West suspension and I long sold the OEM arms, sways and strut rods. I'll take whatever is OEM. Should be stamped Ford or a part number on them. I can't recall.

i believe Moog was OEM supplier to Ford and their site has all parts needed to rebuild front suspensions, even new arms if you want them. The ball joints have a couple versions so you need to know part numbers. Even If you dont need parts it is awesome to go to their site and load in the make/model of parts you want and then when you get to year you find that WOW, they have everything for 71-73! How often does that happen?

Very good quality and fit from Moog..

Back