Best Mufflers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all! Im putting a new 2.5" exhaust on my 73 mach 1 with 351c 4v and shorty headers. I know I want an H pipe but my biggest question is what mufflers? I dont want anything obnoxious or not comfortable to drive because we are driving it regulary and going to events. Any advice what to get?

Personally I like the Flowmaster FlowFX I put on my car. I find them "neighborhood friendly" at low rpms, but nice a throaty when I stand on it.
My car runs stock manifolds, 2 1/4" H pipe, FlowFX and custom tailpipes with chrome tips (for staggered shocks)
This car had Flowmaster 40's on it when I got it and the drone was ear splitting. I don't find that with the FX mufflers.
You'll get many opinions, it's like a chocolate donut versus a glazed one.

Everyone will have their own preferences on this topic. I have always found the Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers to have a nice balance between too loud and too quiet. They aren't raspy and they don't drone. They're easy on your ears if you're going to be doing any distance cruising, want to listen to the radio, or carry on a conversation. And they sound good when you get on the throttle.

Back