Bi-Weekly Visit to Salvage yard

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1973 Grande
1989 LX 5.0L
2003 Mercury Marauder
2015 Lincoln MKT
Well, I made a run to the Salvage Yard today and found a 1970 Mercury Marauder. Someone had already gotten the engine but in the trunk was the air cleaner denoting a 429.

A check of the VIN showed it had a 31 spline traction lock rear end which was still there! Did not have my tools with me so am going back on tomorrow or Monday to pull that puppy!

While the engine was gone, everything else to include a very nice interior is there. I am sure the Marauder folks would love to have the interior which has the console and some very nice seats, dash and other pieces. It looks like it was hit in the back but as I said everything (other than the motor) is there. I hate to see it go to the crusher without at least the parts being saved - - such is life!

BT

Its amazing what gets wasted and crushed as scrap metal.Probably too big a job to restore I guess.At least that 31 spline 9' won't go to waste!I've always had a soft spot for those old big block Mercury cars.Such a sad end to a great automobile!

Just had a guy in the next town over offer me a 64 Galixy 500. The car has been in storage for the last 18 years. I looked at it and about the only thing it needs is bottom right quater. The paint job is late 60's early 70's. Thinking of getting it. Only asking $500.

Coilwire

Now that sounds like a GREAT deal!!

I would be all over that deal. A buddy of mine had a '64 with a 390 and toploader. That was the car that first got me interested in Ford products.

BT

Just had a guy in the next town over offer me a 64 Galixy 500. The car has been in storage for the last 18 years. I looked at it and about the only thing it needs is bottom right quater. The paint job is late 60's early 70's. Thinking of getting it. Only asking $500.

Coilwire
We don't get those deals here in East Tn :mad:

It appears to be in pretty good shape, considering its age. It is just "begging" for a nice FE motor, toploader and 4:57 gears.

THANKS for sharing!

BT

Originaly it was a six banger. The 302 and trans was put in shortly before it went into storage. Two owner car and I know the original owner. Still don't know if I want to take on another project. I have two frame off projects going now,a 77 mustang II and a 72 Buick Skylark Convert.[/u]

My pal Jim picked up a 1963 1/2 Galaxie 500 XL for something like $3500. Got it to the shop, cleaned and buffed the paint, installed the gas tank, and rebuilt the carb - running like a champ and actually looking pretty good. He's still got a long way to go though.

Originaly it was a six banger. The 302 and trans was put in shortly before it went into storage. Two owner car and I know the original owner. Still don't know if I want to take on another project. I have two frame off projects going now,a 77 mustang II and a 72 Buick Skylark Convert.[/u]
Want your money back? :p

wow a 70 marauder in the salvage yard!! 429 probably means it's an x100. i had a 69 x100 and still kick myself for selling it. last year in my local pull-a-part they had 2 70 galaxie xl fastbacks side by side.429 c6 cars. get as much as you can off that marauder and sell on craigslist or ebay.aftermarket support for that car is non existant.

Back