Bojo's 73 Project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey John,

Any updates??
No, I got sidetracked on other projects and the temp is still cold here. It's beginning to warm up now so when the temp hits 60 I will be laying out the fiberglass. I am going to use black gel coat for the top and maybe I won't have to paint it. Thinking another week or 2 more and I should be starting it again. There is a show on Apr 30th so I want it finished by then.

7/14/15

Setback today. They did not have the fittings that attach to the expansion valve so they had to be ordered and expected to be in by Monday.
Did you ever get a part number or supplier for those adapters? I'm trying to go from the expansion block to the aftermarket (JUNK) hose kit I bought. Block is female and so are the hose ends. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
7/14/15

Setback today. They did not have the fittings that attach to the expansion valve so they had to be ordered and expected to be in by Monday.
Did you ever get a part number or supplier for those adapters? I'm trying to go from the expansion block to the aftermarket (JUNK) hose kit I bought. Block is female and so are the hose ends. :mad:
I went to a shop in town and had custom hoses made. He had all the crimping tools so he was able to attach the new male fitting to a new hose. I don't think they make an adapter with male/male ends that would work. If you have a crimping tool to attach a new fitting you could cut the female fitting off and attach the male one. I would need to know the hose diameter you have to get the correct part number.

The project is still sitting on the shelf. Started my RR project and just didn't have enough time but still thinking about it and was thinking to try and make it out of sheet metal instead. I will get back to it and update soon though.

Dude thanks so much for this build thread. I had seen this mod you did before but forgot what page so I started scrolling through to find it.

This build thread is like the go-to for a 73. Many thanks. :)

pix image
I am glad that it helped you out and I appreciate you telling me that you found it helpful.

Just thought I'd pipe up. I'm just now restarting a project that has been a lifelong obsession that dwindled when I took a job travelling and quickly lost track of time for 12 years. I'm in a better place to be able to do a proper restoration now anyway. I'm doing a 73 Q-code, and I binge-read this whole thread this evening. I've gotten a lot of inspiration from it, and some things to keep in mind like the EFI for when I get to that point.

Thank you for documenting everything so well!

Just thought I'd pipe up.  I'm just now restarting a project that has been a lifelong obsession that dwindled when I took a job travelling and quickly lost track of time for 12 years.  I'm in a better place to be able to do a proper restoration now anyway.  I'm doing a 73 Q-code, and I binge-read this whole thread this evening.  I've gotten a lot of inspiration from it, and some things to keep in mind like the EFI for when I get to that point.

Thank you for documenting everything so well!
Glad you found this useful.  If you have any questions let me know.

Well I just spent 3 hours last night and a couple hours today reading this thread. What a terrific job you have done on this car. I'm glad you documented it so well, it should help me alot in my own restoration.

Just curious what "RR" stands for? Something mopar related by chance?

Back