Bojo's 73 Project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6/1/13

Worked on the floor pans today. I removed all the rust spots, large globs of sealer that was over everything and then primered. After the primer dried I put down the first coat of the Lizard skin sound insultion, pretty happy with the results so far. Tomorrow the second coat of insulation and then I'll follow with 2 coats of the ceramic heat shield.

-jbojo

IMG_2142.JPG

IMG_2138.JPG

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

6/2/13

Got the second coat of the sound insulation on today and you can really tell the difference in the sound reduction now. I decided that I liked this product that I am doing the whole inside now in all the void spaces, will also do the front fenders and rear wheel wells. Found this you tube video that someone did a sound test with this product. It starts at about the 1:00 mark of the video. I didn't have a way to do this so I can't post my results. Ceramic insulation application will be next weekend.

-jbojo

Very nice job! On the redyed pillar posts what kind do you recommend(did you use) as mine has white also and need to be done.The pics look really good!

keep up the great work !

Very nice job! On the redyed pillar posts what kind do you recommend(did you use) as mine has white also and need to be done.The pics look really good!

keep up the great work !
Hi Robert! Welcome to the site - when you get a chance, post a short intro in the Introductions thread so we can give you a proper welcome. ::welcome::

I spent about 5 minutes blankly staring at this box trying to decide exactly what I should write in response to this rather epic build thread. So we'll break it down like this:

A) Beautiful car, love the color combination all around

B) Your attention to detail is both admirable and something to aspire too

C) Thank you for taking such wonderful and detailed pictures and finally

D) When do you have time to do all of this outstanding work?!

I spent about 5 minutes blankly staring at this box trying to decide exactly what I should write in response to this rather epic build thread. So we'll break it down like this:

A) Beautiful car, love the color combination all around

B) Your attention to detail is both admirable and something to aspire too

C) Thank you for taking such wonderful and detailed pictures and finally

D) When do you have time to do all of this outstanding work?!

MechEng,

Thx for all the positive comments. I can only work on the weekends on this project so I am way behind on where I wanted to be. I want to try to bring it to the Las Vegas meet in April so hopefully I will make it.

-jbojo

keep up the great work !
Robert, From California Mustang I ordered the white Vinyl dye and Vinyl Prep for the 73. Thx for the comments

-jbojo

6/16/13

Today I continued to sound insulate the interior. I shot all the rear qtr panel voids and did the trunk and put a second coat on the roof again. Really begining to make a difference in the metal sound when you knock on it now. Next weekend the ceramic coating will go down on the floor and roof to try keeping it cooler inside. Sunday I will begin removing the windows and all the HW in the doors and shoot the insulation in there too.

Finally got the gauge panel from Don and boy it really looks good. Noticed that they put the woodgrain on the bottom of it too. The original was just painted brown.

Lastly I think I have all the parts that I need so I can start the assembly portion of the project soon. Parts are strewn all over the place so I hope I can locate everything again:( No matter how hard I try to be organized it just doesn't work, oh well.

-jbojo

IMG_2164.JPG

IMG_2165.JPG

IMG_2172.JPG

IMG_2170.JPG

IMG_2168.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

Mr. jbojo

i was wondering who did the woodgrain to your gauge panel i would like to have mine done

Thanks

Richard

Looking very good.
Thx Steven,

What part of AZ are you from? I lived in Nogales and went to ASU before leaving AZ in 1976. Actually got my car in Scottsdale.

-jbojo
Sorry for spacing on a reply - I actually live south of the border (Magdalena, Sonora, Mexico - see my attached web page for explanation) but my Mach 1 is in Sahuarita.

Anyway - great thread, great work, great documentation. I will do better in paying attention.

Mr. jbojo

i was wondering who did the woodgrain to your gauge panel i would like to have mine done

Thanks

Richard
Richard,

I bought the complete repro part from Don at OMS. I really like the replacement as the full woodgrain really makes a difference. Not sure if anyone is making the replacement woodgrain decal so you could do it yourself. Mine was cracked at the center courtesy light so I decided to replace the whole thing.

-jbojo

Looking very good.
Thx Steven,

What part of AZ are you from? I lived in Nogales and went to ASU before leaving AZ in 1976. Actually got my car in Scottsdale.

-jbojo
Sorry for spacing on a reply - I actually live south of the border (Magdalena, Sonora, Mexico - see my attached web page for explanation) but my Mach 1 is in Sahuarita.

Anyway - great thread, great work, great documentation. I will do better in paying attention.
Steven,

Thx for the comments. I know where you are, been there several times though long ago. I have several cousins living there.

-jbojo

Steven,

Thx for the comments. I know where you are, been there several times though long ago. I have several cousins living there.

-jbojo
Interesting. Small world and Magdalena is a pretty small town. I probably don't know them but they probably know about me - as a tall "gringo" I kind of tend to stand out.

There is a 73 Convertible for sale in town. The problem - not a stitch of paper work to go with it?

6/23/13

Yesterday I sprayed on the ceramic heat insulation on the floorboards, trunk and roof. It really didn't change the color too much though the color is now a deep black (pictures look gray though). Almost done with the interior now. Getting ready to go out and remove the door windows and HW so I can shoot the sound insulation in the door voids.

-jbojo

DSCN0019.JPG

DSCN0020.JPG

DSCN0023.JPG

DSCN0025.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job i did that to my vert

that stuff starts out black but not UV proof

it will fade unless you topcoat it

Wow! Your car is looking super. I just read the whole thread. I will be keeping an eye on your thread for my own benefit. I have a 73 coupe. In the same stages. And if I can do just half as good as you, I will be pleased. Keep up the great work.

Back