C4 transmission leak.... Need help !

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sly_drums

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Grande / 351 Clev. 2V + Weiand XCelerator intake + Holley 600 CFM carb
Hello guys, since a few months i do have a C4 trans leak.

I recently changed the oil pan filter and gasket but it appears the leak does not come from there, but from the upper part of the transmission, so it's very difficult to know from where it comes (we still need to try with a mirror).

It leaks a lot during a strong acceleration, resulting in trans oil falling on the exhaust (on the right part of the x-pipe) and some smoke comes from the sides of the car.

When I drive smoother it only leaks a little bit.

Next step it to put the car on an hydraulic ramp, with the trans on "drive" and accelerate a bit with one feet on the brakes. I hope this time we can identify the leaking spot.

Any idea or similar problem ? :-/

Thanks.

Hello guys, since a few months i do have a C4 trans leak.

I recently changed the oil pan filter and gasket but it appears the leak does not come from there, but from the upper part of the transmission, so it's very difficult to know from where it comes (we still need to try with a mirror).

It leaks a lot during a strong acceleration, resulting in trans oil falling on the exhaust (on the right part of the x-pipe) and some smoke comes from the sides of the car.

When I drive smoother it only leaks a little bit.

Next step it to put the car on an hydraulic ramp, with the trans on "drive" and accelerate a bit with one feet on the brakes. I hope this time we can identify the leaking spot.

Any idea or similar problem ? :-/

Thanks.
If it is coming from the top it must be coming out the vent. Is it possible you over filled it when you changed the fluid and filter?

Back