California looking to restrict classic cars.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "classic cars" part of the headline is just clickbait. California wants to mirror what the UK has in london. They're mailing tickets to owners of cars over like 5 years old who drive through certain spots of london's ULEZ. My coworker has about a 2007 nissan 370z and received a ticket in the mail.

At the heart of it, its a money grab. It always is for politicians. Another way to tax people.

But then back to the article, they knew by putting "classic car" in the headline, they'd get more clicks and shares, and more ad revenue. :D

The "classic cars" part of the headline is just clickbait. California wants to mirror what the UK has in london. They're mailing tickets to owners of cars over like 5 years old who drive through certain spots of london's ULEZ. My coworker has about a 2007 nissan 370z and received a ticket in the mail.

At the heart of it, its a money grab. It always is for politicians. Another way to tax people.

But then back to the article, they knew by putting "classic car" in the headline, they'd get more clicks and shares, and more ad revenue. :D
You're probably correct.
My brother in England can no longer drive his diesel car through London without paying a "toll" and now they are expanding the "no Diesel" zone even further out. You're right just a money grab.

It wasn't my intent to cause arguments here, but in Canada with our jerk of a PM and if he is allowed to get his way, i.e. re-elected in 2025, we could well be facing the same or similar thing. Gas (and everything else) is getting more and more expensive due to his ballooning CARBON TAX undoubtedly aimed at making any car/vehicle, regardless of the fuel it requires, too expensive to drive, or at least limit the amount they get driven. His aim is that by 2035 only electric vehicles will be produced here. Now, that's not a bad thing per se, but the industries that produce everything needed to produce and power the batteries is where the true pollution lies. (Look up Lithium mining and processing).
To this end, I can see States like California doing something like this in an attempt to force us to buy electric vehicles. Is this article fact or fiction, I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were. The powers-that-be don't give a rats ass about our beloved classic cars.
This is just MY opinion only, so no discussion.

It wasn't my intent to cause arguments here, but in Canada with our jerk of a PM and if he is allowed to get his way, i.e. re-elected in 2025, we could well be facing the same or similar thing. Gas (and everything else) is getting more and more expensive due to his ballooning CARBON TAX undoubtedly aimed at making any car/vehicle, regardless of the fuel it requires, too expensive to drive, or at least limit the amount they get driven. His aim is that by 2035 only electric vehicles will be produced here. Now, that's not a bad thing per se, but the industries that produce everything needed to produce and power the batteries is where the true pollution lies. (Look up Lithium mining and processing).
To this end, I can see States like California doing something like this in an attempt to force us to buy electric vehicles. Is this article fact or fiction, I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were. The powers-that-be don't give a rats ass about our beloved classic cars.
This is just MY opinion only, so no discussion.
Trudeau is an ass hat. I hope the voters in Canada banish him.

Back