car show pics from oz

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man these grilles are driving me crazy. Looks so nice!!

xbgrille2.jpg

Yup, I like that one. As I posted a few pages earlier, I love that split grille look à la 1970 'Cuda or 1969 Charger!!

xbgrille2.jpg

Yup, I like that one. As I posted a few pages earlier, I love that split grille look à la 1970 'Cuda or 1969 Charger!!

Nothing beats our Mach1 grills with the sports lamp and red, white and blue running pony dead smack in the center. :runninpony:

Last edited by a moderator:
White soc my 72 convertible with a Mach1 grill has the orange lights in the grille but they flash with the bottom blinkers

the park lights are in with the head lights

maybe its a different model or someone has played around with them

anyway check my pics

John

Just had a thought; I hope the guy that owns the sample car I've been using for grille experimentation doesn't see these pictures and take offence :huh:
.... thought about that too for a moment..... :-/

White soc my 72 convertible with a Mach1 grill has the orange lights in the grille but they flash with the bottom blinkers

the park lights are in with the head lights

maybe its a different model or someone has played around with them

anyway check my pics

John
I like the look of the Mach one sport lamp grill, wish they had just done that for the 73's instead of turning the lamps vertical. I guess someone somewhere along the line changed your grill over.....looks good!

Just had a thought; I hope the guy that owns the sample car I've been using for grille experimentation doesn't see these pictures and take offence :huh:
Thanks Flatback I think I like that Shelby look.

I noticed that the windshield is now tinted - at least the guy is no longer looking at us.:p

I'm actually starting to agree with you Mike on the single headlight grille set up. I'm really wanting to try this out - the single headlight Falcon grilles are a lot more common and cheaper (say maybe $50 to $150) than the twin headlight grilles and it would be a shame to spend a lot of money on something that might not look as good in actuality as it does in the picture mock-up. Also I notice there are plastic trim rings on ebay that can be bought for $100 to convert these grilles to the twin headlight look so adding the extra lights could be an option for the future anyway. Not having the twin headlights would give the option of putting a tri-stripe pony or Mustang script emblem on the grille front offset to one side, which I reckon might look pretty nice.

Thought I'd better black out the windscreen on all the pictures as in my enthusiasm to do the mock-ups on what I deemed to be the perfect picture I never gave any thought that the guy looking out of the windscreen might be unhappy to see himself in a whole lot of 'shopped pics of his car. Hopefully if he ever sees these pics he would enjoy the different concepts his car became model for!

xbgrille5.jpg

Here's one below a guy on the Aussie forum suggested I do for those discerning Mustang owners who consider themselves to be high-falutin' types; if you drive this beast you probably really are the Boss!

rollstang-1.jpg

[Not having the twin headlights would give the option of putting a tri-stripe pony or Mustang script emblem on the grille front offset to one side, which I reckon might look pretty nice.

xbgrille5.jpg
Yep, that's classy! That's the way Ford should have done it in the first place!

Changing the grille is the easiest way to change the looks of a car. That's why I had mine dechromed and blacked out.

That's just sick! I'm trying hard to keep my lunch inside...... :-(

[Not having the twin headlights would give the option of putting a tri-stripe pony or Mustang script emblem on the grille front offset to one side, which I reckon might look pretty nice.

rollstang-1.jpg

That's just sick! I'm trying hard to keep my lunch inside...... :-(
LOL! Why not? Classic Motor Carriages (CMC) did it to the 1986 Cougar. They made a car called "1986 Tiffany Classic" These cars are still highly collectable. I personally wouldn't buy one, but they are saught after by collectors. Nice rendering :D I hope that is and not another CMC's classic creation

awesome photo shops. I always loved the falcon. Then again I'm a huge mad max fan so that is probably why. Now that I think about it that might be the reason I love 7173 mustangs so much. I was not at the driving age when I saw the movies but was already into heavy metal and punk, and that movie influenced a lot of us for our looks. Studs and shoulder pads mounted on the leather jackets and all. And the falcon shape is so close to the mustang that it makes sense. Also I was born in 71 so that also comes into account. When people ask me how old is your car I usually reply as old as I am.lollerz. I know I own a 72 but I was born in november and the cars where probably at the dealers by that time.

Now this looks better than an XB Falcon Grille!

edselstang.jpg
You keep this up, you better beware...... :)

awesome photo shops. I always loved the falcon. Then again I'm a huge mad max fan so that is probably why. Now that I think about it that might be the reason I love 7173 mustangs so much. I was not at the driving age when I saw the movies but was already into heavy metal and punk, and that movie influenced a lot of us for our looks. Studs and shoulder pads mounted on the leather jackets and all. And the falcon shape is so close to the mustang that it makes sense. Also I was born in 71 so that also comes into account. When people ask me how old is your car I usually reply as old as I am.lollerz. I know I own a 72 but I was born in november and the cars where probably at the dealers by that time.
Funny, same thing here. I was born in 71 too and my car was built in December 71. That makes it a 72, but when I bought it, I thought it was a 71.

So I usually say that the car and I are the same age.

Looks like we've have a lot in common, age, hobby and hairstyle wise! :)

I was 15 when Mad Max 2 came out in 1981, and I recall walking out of the cinema in an amazed daze at the spectacle that I had just witnessed. I'm proud to say that I once owned an XB Coupe the same model as Max's, but ashamed to admit that I sold it for next to nothing to buy a newer more "practical" and comfortable car :blush:

I know exactly where my desire to own a Mustang came from. It came from playing with Matchbox cars as a little kid, and I specifically remember the name "Mustang" as being the coolest name of any of the cars in my collection. I had no idea as a kid that the car was named after a horse, all I knew was the phonetics of the name made the car sound sharp and dangerous and sporty, and that childhood impression has stuck with me to this very day.

I was born in 1966 so was around in the world when the first model of pony car was being produced, and I still find it bizarre to think that way back when I was six years old playing with Mustang Matchbox cars on the front lawn of my Mum and Dad's house, that half a world away a 1972 Mustang Sprint was coming off an assembly line which would be destined to be mine nearly 40 years later.

Latest posts

Back