Car shows

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351, 1969 Fairlane 500 Conv., 1965 Sunbeam Tiger
I went to the Mustangs Northwest Roundup in Bellevue, Wa. yesterday (Sunday), kind of. They wanted to charge $20 for spectators. OK, maybe I'm just a small town guy, but car shows where I'm from are free to spectators. Is this normal now? I just wanted to wander around and see what was there, but didn't think it was worth that. Call me cheap, but I left.

Steve

For huge shows yes, but not anything smaller. I pay to go to the lowes autofair in Charlotte but they have thousands of cars each year. I paid to go to an indoor MCA show once too. Or any museums.

I'd say about 90% of the shows I've ever been to were free to the public.

if you were going to park your in the Spectator's parking lot and just look around then it should be free, if you were parking where all of the show cars park then a $20 fee would apply.

we have many shows around me, that charge spectator's "2 Can goods" or a $1 per person (donations for the food Bank) all others I go to are Free to walk in as a Spectator as long as you don't park your car in the show field.

I'm going to a show this upcoming weekend, my neighbors across the street are organizing, it for the Local Harley Davidson club, its a Bike run, and Car Show, its $50 to enter (No Trophy's or awards, just dash Plaque) But she was telling me !00% of the money gets donated there is no over head for the show., and then she said $5 Spectator entrance fee, I'll see how many people show up.

They said they were treating everyone the same, entered in show or not. If it would have been $5 for a charity, I'd have done it, but I was only going to be there an hour or so.

Steve

I went to the Mustangs Northwest Roundup in Bellevue, Wa. yesterday (Sunday), kind of. They wanted to charge $20 for spectators. OK, maybe I'm just a small town guy, but car shows where I'm from are free to spectators. Is this normal now? I just wanted to wander around and see what was there, but didn't think it was worth that. Call me cheap, but I left.

Steve
The Frau and I went to the Mustang Roundup last year just to look at the cars and I to was caught off guard by the $20.00 fee to park in the spectator's parking lot but that covered both of us, I think they charge $20.00 no matter how many in the car. In any case it was a nice car show but we didn't go this year, the four hour round trip is bad enough but then having to pay $20.00 to be allowed to "look" at the cars was a little to much for me. Plus there were only 2 or maybe 3?, 71-73's.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Two years ago 2011 the Spouse & I and several Mustang Buddies, met in Seattle, for a Cruise to Alaska together. We planned it to coincide with the Nortwest Roundup. Ron Foster was our local contact, he must have slipped us in as we never were asked for any entrance fees while visiting there.

Supposedly one of the largest annual gthering of Mustangs in the US, and a lot of right nice cars. It's a great area to visit, might make the drive from Florida some day.

car show here just did the same, they wanted 20$ for show cars and 5$ for spectators. first time i had ever read about that. i didn't go to the show.

i don't go to any shows any more spend $ to sit in a parking lot for hours getting skin cancer, no thanks.

i don't go to any shows any more spend $ to sit in a parking lot for hours getting skin cancer, no thanks.
I usually only go to 1 or 2 shows per year, driving events are way more fun! :D

I'm hitting a big one this week... Motorstate Challenge put on by Lane Automotive and Motorstate Distributing. Thursday is a 75 mile cruise followed by dinner and movie at a local drive-in. Friday, road racing at Gingerman Raceway and Saturday autocrossing at Lake Michigan College. This is gonna be FUN!!

something like that is different. the usual show is drive 60 miles to a big parking lot, pay 20$ plus your own expenses. then either pop your hood and risk something getting stolen which means your spending the day guarding your car from a lawn chair, or closing the car up to walk around for 20 minutes wondering why you came turning into a lobster when you could of spent time with your beer fridge at home.

cruise nights are just as horrible because either they get cancelled from fights and the constant police presence or you get a situation where it is so crowded you better eat before you drive there.

i remember it came to a head some years ago i went to the local cruise night which was 5$ at the time and they turned me away at the entrance because it was so crowded there was no more room.

guy behind me had a V8 blown Mercedes benz and said "screw this follow me" he took me to some hole in the wall parking lot where locals would just get together chill out and illegal drag race for money.

yeah wasn't my scene.

after that i just drive for the cost of fuel.

If the show organizers are charging the car owners to park thier car there, I can understand that. If the spectatots are required to pay to look at the cars of the payed attendees, who does that money go to?

It should be equally divided to the attendees...it is thier cars being looked at.

Wow..that does not happen here "yet"...Cool desert nights is out big one..And it is free to look...it is 4 nights of cars and bikes and shows..one night is a free cruze for anyone who wants to join in...I sure hope this is not a growing trend...I can understand if it is indoor..they have to pay for the arena...But outdoor in a public parking lot or public park that we paid for? No thanks...I should be free to walk in for a hour and leave..lol

Seeing all the excellent work in restoring our awesome cars come together on this site is all the 'Car Show Reality TV' I need. ;) :D

Back