Carb. not getting fuel - The quest continues!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are able to pull good vacuum at the fuel pump inlet rubber hose in the engine bay then to me that would indicate that things are ok with the fuel supply line. I would also expect that if this held vacuum it would draw some fuel through the line as well. If you get fuel coming out of the sender when you pull the rubber hose section off, and good vacuum in the engine bay, it sounds like there's a blockage in the pipe running up to the front of the car.

As was suggested above, do you have an air compressor?

If you are able to pull good vacuum at the fuel pump inlet rubber hose in the engine bay then to me that would indicate that things are ok with the fuel supply line. I would also expect that if this held vacuum it would draw some fuel through the line as well. If you get fuel coming out of the sender when you pull the rubber hose section off, and good vacuum in the engine bay, it sounds like there's a blockage in the pipe running up to the front of the car.

As was suggested above, do you have an air compressor?
I couldn't draw vacuum on the fuel line. I was getting pressure at the pump. I decided to pour some gas back through the line and heard it hitting the ground. Long story short, I spent 80 dollars on tools for a dollar in rubber fuel line :) the culprit was a split line underneath the brake cylinder.

Only $80???

Just kidding, sometimes that's the way it goes. Glad that you got it figured out!
Thank you! And a big thanks to everybody that replied ::thumb::

Back