• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Carcass of 351-4v ramair t-loc convertible for sale with title

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
1971 Mustang Mach I
1972 Mexican GT-351
1971 Mustang Convertible
1988 Bronco II
1970 Torino 4 door
$750. Dash panel and one legible shock tower VIN with title. Carcass MUST be taken as part of the purchase. No wheels or tires. PO cut some stuff out. This is literally just the carcass. I can help load but do not have any special equipment to do so. Doors are NOT included with the sale. Windshield is damaged.

Attachments

• PXL_20231123_014938931.jpg
    PXL_20231123_014938931.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231123_014950187.jpg
    PXL_20231123_014950187.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231123_015000773.jpg
    PXL_20231123_015000773.jpg
  • PXL_20231123_015013294.jpg
    PXL_20231123_015013294.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20231123_015017246.jpg
    PXL_20231123_015017246.jpg
  • PXL_20231123_015051496.jpg
    PXL_20231123_015051496.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20231123_015058301.jpg
    PXL_20231123_015058301.jpg
  • PXL_20231123_020121337.jpg
    PXL_20231123_020121337.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231123_020132618.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231123_020132618.MP.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 2
Any idea why a loaded vert was parted ? Rust or ???
Rusted very badly. Nearly every piece of metal needed to be replaced. Maybe cowl could have been patched, windshield frame ok, rocker panels ok but one inner missing, rear seat back support good. Doors and fenders were usable but doors for sure had been replaced. Probably 5k in sheet metal and 100s hrs labor

What a shame, according to the Marti that was a really desirable car.
I really wish I was up to saving it. Car was pretty stripped when I got it.

Rusted very badly. Nearly every piece of metal needed to be replaced. Maybe cowl could have been patched, windshield frame ok, rocker panels ok but one inner missing, rear seat back support good. Doors and fenders were usable but doors for sure had been replaced. Probably 5k in sheet metal and 100s hrs labor
I get it now, sux we can’t save them all.

$750. Dash panel and one legible shock tower VIN with title. Carcass MUST be taken as part of the purchase. No wheels or tires. PO cut some stuff out. This is literally just the carcass. I can help load but do not have any special equipment to do so. Doors are NOT included with the sale. Windshield is damaged.
Hi, have you or are you cutting out sections of sheet metal? Got a Q code vert myself and drivers side floor pan under the seat on mine needs rust repair.

Hi, have you or are you cutting out sections of sheet metal? Got a Q code vert myself and drivers side floor pan under the seat on mine needs rust repair.
I am not the one that cut out the floor pan but the reinforcement is in pic. It is damaged. Looks like crossplate bolt broke off as well

Attachments

• PXL_20231123_151308084.jpg
    PXL_20231123_151308084.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
I am not the one that cut out the floor pan but the reinforcement is in pic. It is damaged. Looks like crossplate bolt broke off as well
Yeah in kinda looks like the section I need is gone. Needed section right along the trans tunnel. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Wow. I wish mine would've been that nice when I started in on it. I also wish I had room for a 'vert project.

I wish I had gotten it before the car was parted twice 🤭
Only part I cut out was for space saver tire. Cut a couple bolt heads and the hard brake lines at the discs.

Only part I cut out was for space saver tire. Cut a couple bolt heads and the hard brake lines at the discs.
I’m not saying i wouldn’t do the same thing. Guys have been borrowing parts off their other cars for years. 😇One mans parts car is another mans project car 🤣

Wow. I wish mine would've been that nice when I started in on it. I also wish I had room for a 'vert project.
Did you replace that much on ur car? I am curious what is possible. Is your car something of sentimental value or exceedingly desirable or more of a challenge that you can fix it? Do you have training to weld and place body panels? I am an engineer so I think I could jig it up and get it measured correctly.

Did you replace that much on ur car? I am curious what is possible. Is your car something of sentimental value or exceedingly desirable or more of a challenge that you can fix it? Do you have training to weld and place body panels? I am an engineer so I think I could jig it up and get it measured correctly.
He made a extensive build thread on his car 🚗 very impressive work done to restore his Mach 1

He made a extensive build thread on his car 🚗 very impressive work done to restore his Mach 1
I can't remember if it was an actual thread, or if it was just continually updated in the 'What did you do to your Mustang today' thread. But, I did put a blog together with all of the pics and entries from those threads. Like most blogs, the newest stuff is up front, so to start from the beginning, gotta go to page 11. https://mister4x4.net/mister4x4/category/mach1/page/11/
Probably about 70% of the sheet metal, including floor pans, trunk pan, taillight panel, quarter panels, trunk lid, fenders, front and rear valances, and 'just' the whole front clip... oh, and patched the cowl panels.

My avatar pic was one of the ones from the Craigslist ad, and my signature pic is what it looks like now.

It didn't have any sentimental value - I've just wanted a '71 Mach 1 since I was 14 in the early '80s. It has the sentimental value of 'priceless' [to me] because I can honestly say I built that car from the ground up. I had basic welding skills (I could run a bead and have it hold), but I learned a LOT working on that car. Every project I've successfully taken on has just given me more confidence to try new things that look doable enough. When I first started in on it, just about everybody I knew couldn't see me ever getting the car done, or that I'd reach a point that I'd give up on it, or that it was too much work, time, effort, and money involved to be worth it. Well... that just emboldened me because those negative thoughts were based on their shortfalls, lack of skill, patience, and motivation, and I just fed off it. Once I got the new front clip welded on, a lot of them had to eat their words, and many came around to become more like cheerleaders than nay-sayers. Of course, now that it's done, most everybody can't believe it's the same pile of rust I started out with, and that I have some kind of mad skills or something. That's not exactly the case - I was just determined to succeed, but even more to not fail (if that makes any sense).

When I jump into a project like this, I go all-in. My vision for a 'vert project would be to build the coolest 'vert ever - better than Foose's nightmare, the Pegasus, Count's Kustoms '72 'vert, and other 7173 restomod abominations that are out there. I would start with Schwartz Performance G-machine chassis with a Coyote engine (not sure if I'd go manual or stick). I'd punch out the fenders and quarter panels to accommodate 18x10 w/275s (front) and 18x12 w/345s (rear) - not just flares, the whole panel... IMSA-style. Subtle things like tucking the bumpers, an integrated (but not gawdy) front spoiler, trunk spoiler LED/Digital/Halo lights, and all of the interior would be updated with black and carbon fiber trim. I'm not sure what color I'd go with - probably a darker metallic gray or black and carbon fiber TuTone and Hockey Stripes. Anything that gets modified would still have distinct '71-'73 style & appearance, though (no 'Foose' Camaro tail lights, or 'Pegasus' late-model Boss 302 headlights, et al)... I'd just somewhat improve/update what's already there.

Anyway, that's just my thought on that. I would support trying to restore this one, since it is/was a pretty rare car. Mine was not (just an H-Code), so I had no qualms making it my own.

For instant gratification, here's a link to my Facebook photo album for my Mach 1 project: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.722153737795547&type=3

I can't remember if it was an actual thread, or if it was just continually updated in the 'What did you do to your Mustang today' thread. But, I did put a blog together with all of the pics and entries from those threads. Like most blogs, the newest stuff is up front, so to start from the beginning, gotta go to page 11. https://mister4x4.net/mister4x4/category/mach1/page/11/

Probably about 70% of the sheet metal, including floor pans, trunk pan, taillight panel, quarter panels, trunk lid, fenders, front and rear valances, and 'just' the whole front clip... oh, and patched the cowl panels.

My avatar pic was one of the ones from the Craigslist ad, and my signature pic is what it looks like now.

It didn't have any sentimental value - I've just wanted a '71 Mach 1 since I was 14 in the early '80s. It has the sentimental value of 'priceless' [to me] because I can honestly say I built that car from the ground up. I had basic welding skills (I could run a bead and have it hold), but I learned a LOT working on that car. Every project I've successfully taken on has just given me more confidence to try new things that look doable enough. When I first started in on it, just about everybody I knew couldn't see me ever getting the car done, or that I'd reach a point that I'd give up on it, or that it was too much work, time, effort, and money involved to be worth it. Well... that just emboldened me because those negative thoughts were based on their shortfalls, lack of skill, patience, and motivation, and I just fed off it. Once I got the new front clip welded on, a lot of them had to eat their words, and many came around to become more like cheerleaders than nay-sayers. Of course, now that it's done, most everybody can't believe it's the same pile of rust I started out with, and that I have some kind of mad skills or something. That's not exactly the case - I was just determined to succeed, but even more to not fail (if that makes any sense).

When I jump into a project like this, I go all-in. My vision for a 'vert project would be to build the coolest 'vert ever - better than Foose's nightmare, the Pegasus, Count's Kustoms '72 'vert, and other 7173 restomod abominations that are out there. I would start with Schwartz Performance G-machine chassis with a Coyote engine (not sure if I'd go manual or stick). I'd punch out the fenders and quarter panels to accommodate 18x10 w/275s (front) and 18x12 w/345s (rear) - not just flares, the whole panel... IMSA-style. Subtle things like tucking the bumpers, an integrated (but not gawdy) front spoiler, trunk spoiler LEDVery impressive/Digital/Halo lights, and all of the interior would be updated with black and carbon fiber trim. I'm not sure what color I'd go with - probably a darker metallic gray or black and carbon fiber TuTone and Hockey Stripes. Anything that gets modified would still have distinct '71-'73 style & appearance, though (no 'Foose' Camaro tail lights, or 'Pegasus' late-model Boss 302 headlights, et al)... I'd just somewhat improve/update what's already there.

Anyway, that's just my thought on that. I would support trying to restore this one, since it is/was a pretty rare car. Mine was not (just an H-Code), so I had no qualms making it my own.

For instant gratification, here's a link to my Facebook photo album for my Mach 1 project: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.722153737795547&type=3
Very impressive

Thanks! It was a ton of work, but I'm happy I did it.

Here's what I was thinking about restomodding a 7173 'vert. As much as this one is modded, it still retains its identity as a 2014 GT 'vert - and this is what I would have if I were wanting a late-model Mustang. https://www.motortrend.com/features...yimageid=ab3267cc-693f-4790-bf28-c34ff7b07e3f

The subtle things this guy did makes it one of my all-time favorite 7173 'verts: https://www.motortrend.com/features...yimageid=c9f17ecd-73ee-497d-9ba9-33086712fc4e

One of my favorites belongs to a 7173 Mustangs member: Lazarus:
1700870967243.png

And another belongs to Austin Vert:
1700871604932.png

Ok...carcass SOLD back to me to save it from being scrap ...although most of it actually IS scrap and needs to be replaced. Fortunately I have a rebuilt Cleveland and a C6 that just needs to be put back together

Back