Center Console Gauge Wiring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, my bad...you don't want to hook up a volt-meter to the cigarette lighter, as it will drain the battery due to it always being on. If you have the fuse box with the accessory fuse (post on the diagonal slot), that line is only hot when the key is in ACC or RUN. If you don't have that particular fuse (it is called a fuse buss bar extender), I sell them for $15 plus shipping.

Yeah, my bad...you don't want to hook up a volt-meter to the cigarette lighter, as it will drain the battery due to it always being on. If you have the fuse box with the accessory fuse (post on the diagonal slot), that line is only hot when the key is in ACC or RUN. If you don't have that particular fuse (it is called a fuse buss bar extender), I sell them for $15 plus shipping.
Here's what Midlife is talking about. He sells the "accessory" buss bar extender shown in the pics below. I bought one from him last spring. Make a copy of the fuse diagram so you can reference it while under the dash. I will repeat again what Randy (Midlife) has now warned you about twice. Do not just tape up the old Amp Meter wires!!! Put a wire nut on them or a crimp on terminal on them followed by taping them!!! SINCE THEY ARE NOT GROUNDED, IF THEY EVER CONTACT GROUND THEY COULD EASILY BURN YOUR CAR TO THE GROUND!!! I followed them all the way back to the fuse panel and completely removed them. They are VERY dangerous!

fuse panel with acc terminal installed.JPG

buss1[1].jpg

buss2[1].jpg

fuse panel accessory terminal.jpg

fuse panel pic (rear with harness).jpg

fuse panel pic (rear 1).jpg

fuse panel diagram.PNG

Slow down and do the electrical connections carefully. ::thumb::

Eric

Gauges1.jpg

Well, it has been a while bit with all the help of the people here I got the gauges installed and working. I am getting good information from the new gauges and can actually see them now. Thanks to everybody that helped out. I could not have done it without that help.

Scott

Back