Chip Foose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lights under the bumper do look a little Camaro-ish because of their position but the fronts of these muscle cars always had much in common. Mine are in the same spot but my front apron is less open and changes the look. I almost didn't put them in because of the Camaro resemblance but they look cool enough to risk it.
dude. serious?

Dude.  Serious.

66769115_7230097507016953790_o-vi.jpg

If you can't see it... we can't help you.   :whistling: 

lollerz

As I said, they all borrowed from each other. Javelins looked like 71-73 mustang front ends or even better, 70 SHELBY front ends. Cuda's looked like Camaro in more ways than one. There were just small differences that made them their own thing. Dude. Really. I see just fine. My front end is a little less open than a 71 normally is so it is a little different. I fail to see what I'm missing.

..." I almost didn't put them in because of the Camaro resemblance but they look cool enough to risk it." I then responded "Dude. Serious?" as in Dude are you seriously doubting your instincts...you have proven you have the vision and you know what your're doing.

I did not mean..."Dude. Serious?" as in Dude what are you thinking? I thought you knew me better by now. It must have been that negative input from that southerner.

Just bustin' E but you seem to have a slant toward the inproper prospective...

Last edited by a moderator:
..." I almost didn't put them in because of the Camaro resemblance but they look cool enough to risk it."  I then responded "Dude. Serious?" as in Dude are you seriously doubting your instincts...you have proven you have the vision and you know what your're doing.

I did not mean..."Dude. Serious?" as in Dude what are you thinking?  I thought you knew me better by now.  It must have been that negative input from that southerner.

Just bustin' E but you seem to have a slant toward the inproper prospective...
lollerz lollerz lollerz lollerz lollerz lollerz lollerz lollerz lollerz lollerz lollerz lollerz   13

I was referring to "If you can't see it we can't help you" I'm not sure if my comment wasn't clear to start and I needed to see something that I wasn't seeing. I'm not easily offended Ebstsng- takes too much effort. I like to think of myself as coachable and I'm open to constructive criticism.

He (EBSTANG) was picking on me... thinking that I'm also somehow offended every time he throws some off-the-wall comment out there (which I SO am not - we gotta work on that, Brutha!).  rofl

Actually, the nose treatment on our Mustangs was directly inspired by the '69 Shelby... which was indirectly inspired by the '67 Javelin.  So, we kind of owe the nod to the Javelins by default.

I have mixed feelings on the extra driving lights, especially the round ones.  I have a set of rectangles, but still haven't put 'em on yet because I think it'll get too busy with 4 pairs of lights all over the grille.

Ahhh. Hard to understand context I guess. Let's just say we don't aim to offend but open season on the ribbing is cool with me lol. I too am a fan of the simpler, less busy look but it looks like my facia is evolving into a more busy design. I think it's one of the reasons I'm taking so long to finish the design. I need to step away for a while and if returning to it doesn't grab me it gets chopped. Kinda like my Cougar tail lights idea and my upper side scoops and my 71 rear wing. Chop chop chop.

He (EBSTANG) was picking on me... thinking that I'm also somehow offended every time he throws some off-the-wall comment out there (which I SO am not - we gotta work on that, Brutha!).  rofl

Actually, the nose treatment on our Mustangs was directly inspired by the '69 Shelby... which was indirectly inspired by the '67 Javelin.  So, we kind of owe the nod to the Javelins by default.

I have mixed feelings on the extra driving lights, especially the round ones.  I have a set of rectangles, but still haven't put 'em on yet because I think it'll get too busy with 4 pairs of lights all over the grille.
Eric, correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe you said..."If you can't see it... we can't help you.   
whistling.gif
 "

Of course I can see the front end resemblances...please. Some people are programmed to have a negative perspective of most things...kinda glass half-empty thinking. I imagine that kind of thinking stifles creative flow...kinda like a road block.  

Did someone say Javelin...

Pennsylvania State Championships 1985...

Whatever it looks like it it no longer look like a Mustang. A cool car but not a Mustang. I like the look of a mUstang

I was thinking this might have been the inspiration
c06ad6fbd70e01a78a56b7b2af3a24d6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric, correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe you said..."If you can't see it... we can't help you.   
whistling.gif
 "

Of course I can see the front end resemblances...please. Some people are programmed to have a negative perspective of most things...kinda glass half-empty thinking. I imagine that kind of thinking stifles creative flow...kinda like a road block.  
Ummm... actually I said, 

If you can't see it... we can't help you.  
whistling.gif

lollerz.gif
::tease::

whistling.gif
 "

Ummm... actually I said, 

whistling.gif

lollerz.gif
I really think you have a reading problem...maybe you could try Hooked on Phonics!   rofl ::tease:: ::shrug:: :poke:  

upload image free google

whistling.gif
 "

Ummm... actually I said, 

whistling.gif

lollerz.gif
I really think you have a reading problem...
Nah - I think you just don't get my sense of humor.  Hence my use of the smilies (everything's good when you use smilies, right?).  Nothing you've said [ever] has offended me or made me want to throw any shade your way.  Nothin' to see here... sorry if I stepped on any toes.  We good?

Ummm... actually I said, 

Nah - I think you just don't get my sense of humor.  Hence my use of the smilies (everything's good when you use smilies, right?).  Nothing you've said [ever] has offended me or made me want to throw any shade your way.  Nothin' to see here... sorry if I stepped on any toes.  We good?
always.   :D

always.
:udaman:    ::beer::

always.
:udaman:    ::beer::
...very diplomatic of you.  you still can't read!   :cool:

Latest posts

Back