Chip Foose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36127b095ce8113487b1da343a448f2b.png

Thought you guys may like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of the revived 55 T-bird Ford put out which I think Foose did. Cool Jag rendering but his cars usually turn out better than the rendering so it should be pretty impressive. I wonder which platform it's going to sit on. It would be sick if they were able to make the F-Type dimension work. Lots of R&D already done and a nice wide butt to take advantage of. Anyway, I like the job your doing Chopper on keeping us posted on his mustang build. Keep it coming buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking very corvette at the back end

252f86a003db5bcdc4d33f6e98b0effd.png

I was thinking very corvette at the back end

That'll match the engine, anyway.

I think it looks pretty good, but I've never been that interested in the cosmetics. I appreciate the artistic genius that can sketch this kind of stuff up (I use straightedges and templates), and the workmanship it takes to put the vision into reality, but I've always been more interested in the mechanical side of it. Which, is why I grumble about the over use of LS-X engines. There are a lot of exotic engines out there that would "fit" better with something that looks like the Jaguar.

It takes a lot of balls to change arguably one of the prettiest cars ever made.

There is always the danger of doing this. Every inch added or removed from the original car, every curve accentuated or flattened out can create something off putting no matter how much talent goes behind the build. So putting Jag head lights, bumpers and mouth opening up front and Jag tail lights, bumpers and exhaust tips out back is not going to cut it. It's a risk even for Foose. A lot is expected from him. I have complete faith but it's still him sticking his neck out when as Chopper said, it's already a beautiful car to start with. However if there was ever a car that should excite our eyes rippen down the street again..........this would be up there on my list like the Ford GT. EYE CANDY!!!!! Love it.

Foose was smart when her pretty much just put nice rims on the Pantera he did recently. I think he knew enough not to "mess" with it.

As far as the 71 he's doing not a fan of the door handles or of the Camaro type taillights that might end up out back but jury is still out on that. Always thought the 71 Torino taillights would have looked like a cool mod or even a Pantera taillight like one of our members is doing on his Mustera. I would have liked to see more of a European touring flare to the car than muscle car.

Just my opinion.

8363dbc2404cb7fda316dc37dc27cbdc.png

Kind of meh for me, but I suppose I should hold off judgement till the interior is done. I would much rather see the correct dash done in leather and carbon fiber than a more modern version of plastic.

I'm very sure the interior will be special. I'm just very sad it's not going to be stick. I'm never going to be a fan of automatic transmissions on a muscle car. If stick becomes a problem for me I'd rather sell the car than drive auto.

Love it, too far off a 71 to be stamped as a 71 to me but it's gonna be an awesome looking car.

If there is one thing I really dislike a lot in this project that would be the door handles.

I mean this line is so nice with nothing... and ford did good job with the original ones to respect this very important body line.

http://autablog.pl/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/milano-a-1024x768.jpg

I'd have to agree with you on the handles. I like the stock ones. A big part of the experience is the feeling you get when your getting into the car. That point of contact has to have the nostalgia intact. This one will have the feel of a 2010 mustang. Foose must feel that the swap has to go that far to tie it all in but I don't think it adds something to the build in this case.

You do mean the 71 Mach 1 and not that jaguar thing right   :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:

You do mean the 71 Mach 1 and not that jaguar thing right   :whistling:

Of course ;)

Latest posts

Back