Chip Foose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought you might enjoy this comparison. I like the 2010 car but next to a 71 it looks like a bit of a minivan. Lol.
Crazy, huh?

I haven't seen one of the new ones next to a '71-'73 yet... but I think it would be easy enough to simulate if someone had a Toyota Solara, and everybody just squinted real hard. lollerz

Thought you might enjoy this comparison. I like the 2010 car but next to a 71 it looks like a bit of a minivan. Lol.
Crazy, huh?

I haven't seen one of the new ones next to a '71-'73 yet... but I think it would be easy enough to simulate if someone had a Toyota Solara, and everybody just squinted real hard. lollerz
HAHA!!! Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are!!

bcd25856a00cda320a678a45a699f786.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6eca1851e68e1140a29684dae3e48090.png

Geez, I thought all of these big name car modification folks get their cars done in either 1hour of TV time or about 30 real days. What's taking Chip so long?

I wonder how many colors will he paint this one and how big of hoops is he going to fit inside those wheel wells? I'm not a Fan of Foose or his finished products.
I usually feel the same way about most all of the high-end car customizers... especially these days with all the larger wheel selections available (seems like the current trend is "slammed and 20"+ rims with 30-series tires). But since he's working on a '71-'73, I have to keep watching and waiting. Maybe (hopefully) he'll get it right. ;)

I usually feel the same way about most all of the high-end car customizers... especially these days with all the larger wheel selections available (seems like the current trend is "slammed and 20"+ rims with 30-series tires). But since he's working on a '71-'73, I have to keep watching and waiting. Maybe (hopefully) he'll get it right. ;)
+1, everybody thinks it's got to be an "over the top" design with wagon wheels. I'm like you, reserving judgment...

I think his work is always tastefully done regardless of the big hoops. Keep in mind, if you were trying to showcase your product line and skills and be just different enough to stand apart from all the other car builders, I'm pretty sure we'd push it over the top. There are trends to satisfy and trends to be the originator of when you sell and create for a living.

On a side note: can anyone please provide a link to that El Camino? I haven't seen it and I do in fact like most of his work. So I'd really like to see what that is about.

ab624140373f9214a7a1605721fa8b4b.png

I think this is going to be an amazing build. Taking a 2010 GT500 and basically cutting off the body and grafting a 71 Mustang body to it is a great idea. I like that fact that the parts are updated to the 71 and the car will drive and react like a GT500. I am very interested in this build now!

Purists I do understand that you like what Ford did back in the days with the technology that was at there disposal. For me I can see how the minds of the engineer worked back then. I see how they took things to the next level. I see what they were going for. I am with Chip Foose on this build car. Updated it to the level you can and showcase the work you can do by using what Ford has to offer. The 2010 Stang has a full tied together unibody with a great steering system and a 8.8" rear diff. The interior of the 2010 will look like a re-modded classic interior. That coyote with the blower and a 6 speed trans behind it will be amazing. I love the fact that new is mixed with old to make a classic better.

Highest form of Hot Rodding/ Resto-modding when that much effort is put into altering a car. If done well an art form in itself. If we know what an example of a perfectly original 71-73 looks like, I'm curious to see other visions or interpretations for this body style. In my own personal opinion if the last original 71-73 in existence was modified it would be very disappointing but that's not the case and I think there is room for Chip Foose to put his spin on one. I too am excited as most of us are. His eye and experience for combining lines and tech makes for rolling art.

Back