Circuit 19 - Dash Lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
‘73 convertible 302 2v
I have no power to Circuit 19, Dash lights. Fuse is good, there's power through the headlight switch. It was working fine yesterday. All other dash stuff is fine, radio, wipers, lighter etc.

So, what have I done? I replaced the headlight switch, and lighter. I put new bulbs in all of the dash components. I reinstalled the gauge cluster and thought " should check things before going any further." Glad I did.

Any help would be awesome. Been at this all day about had plenty of character building.

Thanks,
Rick

Found the issue, I pulled the fuse from F5, found it was oxidized on the end furthest from the firewall. Changed it out all is good. Thanks so much Don and Ken, your questions got me to take another look at the fuse.

According to the wiring manual the fuse for the instrument/panel lights is #3. Make sure you have voltage on both contacts on that fuse when the headlights are turned on and the knob rotated to full brightness.
Fuse 5 should be for the heater/a.c.
1973 Fuse Panel.JPG

Appears the panel for our '73 is different than the '71. Shows the F5 circuit is the instrument panel fuse.

It's the same box and fuse location, they're just labelled differently in the drawings.

Back