Colorado Mustang Salvage

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in NY right now, but am planning on living in the Colorado Springs area pretty soon. What is the address of this place? There is another "vintage" boneyard somewhere down around Canon City, and I have family there.
Fremont Salvage and Indian Springs closed down about 10 years ago, they both had tons of old cars. When they shut down everything went to the crusher. The only two junkyards around Canon City is Canon Truck and Penrose Auto Salvage. I have not been to Penrose Auto Salvage in years because I don't like Terry the owner. Canon truck has old trucks, but that is it, he does not deal in cars.

I agree, they are really proud of their stuff. I called them about four years ago looking for a drivers door for my 73 Mustang. They wanted $600 for a rusted and beat up piece of junk, I declined,lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, that is bad news. There was some talk on my cougar board about those places near Canon City...

I would be willing to bet that the Colorado mustang guys can be haggled with. There is place near where I was in Idaho, that had a lot of old cars..

First number was always to high....Sometimes you do have to pay for what you want, but then, that's what this game is all about.

I ended up paying around 300 for a new cross member for my 71. maybe I could have done better, but when you factor in shipping, and time, I was money ahead.

It took me a while to find it but here's the address of the actual salvage yard: 2555 Piggott Rd, Strasburg, CO 80136

Use Bing Maps to see the best pics of the yard. You can see the cars stacked on top of each other.

http://binged.it/WWIOGL

I counted 2,339 mustangs, 1 econoline van, 4 trucks, 3 RVs and 1 personal water craft.

20u7rlu.jpg

fxbhar.jpg

2n74gva.jpg

2u7lg0l.jpg

Latest posts

Back