• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Console Clock

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Germany, Hessen, Buettelborn, (near Frankfurt)
My Car
1973 Mach1, Dodge RAMVan3500, Chevi HHR
I need the clock for the center console.
The China junk that is offered looks cruel so I am looking for an original clock.
Actually I have one but it is missing a gear on the adjusting pin.
So if someone has something or has an idea how to convert something like that?...
I have called a few watchmakers but they want either from 500 € or they refuse directly to deal with it. So this is not an option.

Attachments

• IMG_20230608_081851.jpg
    IMG_20230608_081851.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230608_081824.jpg
    IMG_20230608_081824.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230608_081733.jpg
    IMG_20230608_081733.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 1
The China junk that is offered looks cruel so I am looking for an original clock.
So if someone has something or has an idea how to convert something like that?...
I have called a few watchmakers but they want either from 500 € or they refuse directly to deal with it. So this is not an option.
Larry, I have a working clock that I might be willing to part with. message me if you want.

I have an original, but it doesn't work. I'd be glad to sell it inexpensively so you could get it restored.

Honestly, the one in my car that works I keep unplugged so it doesn't draw the battery down. I only take the car out about once a month at most. I just leave it set to 5:00 (It's 5PM somewhere).

My quartz conversion does not require a working set knob. Somewhere around here there is a thread about it.

Found it https://7173mustangs.com/threads/clock-quartz-conversion.41665/#post-425013

Maybe some folks that have one will let you know what they think of it.

Larry, I have a working clock that I might be willing to part with. message me if you want.
Thank you for the offer. Can you send me a picture of the condition of the watch? How much dollars do you want for it? Please keep in mind that you would have to ship the watch to Germany.
I would be happy about an offer.

I have an original, but it doesn't work. I'd be glad to sell it inexpensively so you could get it restored.

Honestly, the one in my car that works I keep unplugged so it doesn't draw the battery down. I only take the car out about once a month at most. I just leave it set to 5:00 (It's 5PM somewhere).
Thanks for the offer. I am interested. How much dollars do you want for it? Please keep in mind that you would have to ship the watch to Germany.
I would be happy about an offer.

My quartz conversion does not require a working set knob. Somewhere around here there is a thread about it.

Found it https://7173mustangs.com/threads/clock-quartz-conversion.41665/#post-425013

Maybe some folks that have one will let you know what they think of it.
That sounds interesting. I would then have to send the clock to have it rebuilt or can I do that myself with a little craftsmanship? ... I'll read up on the subject and use the search engines a little. Thanks for the tip

Hahaha mine is also dead and set to 5 o’clock!

I do believe I am going to look for a Center Console front rectangular clock for our 73 Mustang Convertible, finally. We have one in the 73 Mach 1, and it looks nice. It is a battery powered one, but the new one I will want to be powered via the Mustang battery. I have been putting this off for almost 3 years, for no particular reason, other than so many different projects that have kept me quite busy on all the pony cars. If nothing else I think a clock in that location will look better than its Delete Plate as the plate's surface texture is not the same as the texture of the center console's surface. So, yeah, it is time to finally just do something.

For a friend in SoCal, on his 1971 Mach 1, we wanted to put two electrical outlets in his Clock Delete Plate. The folks at ACP were nice enough to send me two Delete Plates, and I cut two holes in one to mount a digital voltmeter display with dual USB ports in one outlet, and a 12 volt barrel outlet in the other. He is happy with it. H would have liked three outlets, but on one of the delete plates I cut three holes and it clearly looks a little goofy. So, he opted for the dual outlet plate and outlets. The Delete Plate texture is still noticeably different compared to the rest of the center console, but he is very happy with the practicality of the power outlets' location as opposed to replacing the console ash tray with a power panel like I did for our 73 Mustangs. No matter, it was all a lot of fun to tinker with. I like the larger power panel I can stuff into the ash tray location, personally.

Attachments

• IMG_Clock_3230.JPG
    IMG_Clock_3230.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 1973MustangConvertible_CenterConsole_TrannyShifter_PowerPanel_20190915.JPG
    1973MustangConvertible_CenterConsole_TrannyShifter_PowerPanel_20190915.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3424_ClockDeletePlateAndPanel.JPG
    IMG_3424_ClockDeletePlateAndPanel.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3426.JPG
    IMG_3426.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3430_ClockDeletePlateWith3Outlets.JPG
    IMG_3430_ClockDeletePlateWith3Outlets.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3434.JPG
    IMG_3434.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3436.JPG
    IMG_3436.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3448_ClockDeletePlateWith2Outlets.JPG
    IMG_3448_ClockDeletePlateWith2Outlets.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 1973Mustang_ACP-FullLengthCenterConsole_ShowingClockAndShifterOpening_2of2_20230323.jpg
    1973Mustang_ACP-FullLengthCenterConsole_ShowingClockAndShifterOpening_2of2_20230323.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 0
Larry,

Here is the one I have. I does work, but can't tell how accurate it is as time passes. Let me know if you are interested...Working 71-73 Mustang Console Clock.jpg

Last edited:
Back