Crashed the Mustang :(

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad your ok. And as everyone else seems to be agreeing on anything can be fixed. But at what cost. That choice all comes down to you. Do your shopping around and see if thats what you want.

Apparently some of you have a problem with my trying to help this guy out. So do want you want I will no longer be posting regarding this situation. I will also have to reevaluate whether I wish to stay active on this site. I'm extremely dissapointed by the narrow minded pettiness of some individuals. All I was trying to do was help a guy in dire straights.
Huh??? He's kidding right?

Perhaps my sense of humor was misunderstood(again)?

Perhaps it was a combination of your joke and the guy who said he wouldn't take the money for his car. I thought it was just a joke and an example of another guy who was lucky enough to have members offer to help him.

Maybe he got some PM's or something too.

I just read from page 7 on, I had stepped away from the board for a bit. I think you guys are showing really great support. I don't think the guy who pinged him about the tires meant much by it.

I am going to donate to the cause. I just looked at the pics again, I don't see how that body can be fixed but I am not a body man. I will keep an eye out here in the phx are for a doner/replacement. We have lots of older cars with no flipp'n rust.

Finally you losers can all get ready to store your car for the winter. I am looking forward to the temps dropping below 100 in the next month or so and then it is a couple hundred days of beautiful weather where I can drive around with the top down! If you don't hear from ME you will know where I am, with a smile on my face.

Finally you losers can all get ready to store your car for the winter. I am looking forward to the temps dropping below 100 in the next month or so and then it is a couple hundred days of beautiful weather where I can drive around with the top down! If you don't hear from ME you will know where I am, with a smile on my face.
Go ahead and rub it in that we have to put the car a way for 4 months or so...LOL :D

Holy cow, this thread's built up some tension! Chris is upset over something unrelated to any of the comments you guys posted here, so I hope none of you (Im looking at you Wolverine) take it personally. Most of you have been great and have helped me, whether it's been through advice, a simple "glad you're ok", or an actual donation. I came in here looking for some guidance, and through the good deeds of others have come out with more than just useful information. As a whole, this forum is second to none. If anyone has a problem or thinks badly of people giving money to other people out of good faith, then I'm sorry you think that way.

Chris was just a stranger to me a week ago, and now I consider him a friend for the simple fact that he took the initiative to ask for donations (and donated as well) to help me out as well as offering infinite amounts of help and support. That's something most of my own family wouldn't do, much less someone whom I just met. For the others that have contributed as well, my hat's off to you and I equally appreciate it. Even those that have offered me parts, documents, connections... whatever it is, you've all been a blessing. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to talk to. So let's keep this thread light-hearted and on a positive note!

I do also believe that the good that's come to me in spite of my unfortunate events should be passed down to other members as well. Maybe we can set up an automotive red cross page or something for those in need. When I'm out of the hole and doing better financially (very soon I'm hoping) I would gladly donate money to those that need it. More than a monetary solution, it offers some hope and motivation and a push to get things done. If it weren't for the overwhelmingly positive feedback here, I'd probably be a hopeless hermit sitting in a corner of my bedroom in complete darkness crying and mumbling to myself. Maybe not to that extent, but I'd be nowhere near as hopeful as I am today.

Anyway, when I get started on the repairs to Big Blue I'll post up a build thread and see where that goes. It'll be one for the long haul, and another Mustang will stay alive because of you folks.

And what's this talk about putting cars away for winter? You mean you have to stick the cars in a garage for months at a time? Well, let me tell you... here in Florida you can drive it all year round. Yup, that's right. There's just one catch: IT'S FLORIDA! People don't love making fun of Florida for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cow, this thread's built up some tension! Chris is upset over something unrelated to any of the comments you guys posted here, so I hope none of you (Im looking at you Wolverine) take it personally. Most of you have been great and have helped me, whether it's been through advice, a simple "glad you're ok", or an actual donation. I came in here looking for some guidance, and through the good deeds of others have come out with more than just useful information. As a whole, this forum is second to none. If anyone has a problem or thinks badly of people giving money to other people out of good faith, then I'm sorry you think that way.

Chris was just a stranger to me a week ago, and now I consider him a friend for the simple fact that he took the initiative to ask for donations (and donated as well) to help me out as well as offering infinite amounts of help and support. That's something most of my own family wouldn't do, much less someone whom I just met. For the others that have contributed as well, my hat's off to you and I equally appreciate it. Even those that have offered me parts, documents, connections... whatever it is, you've all been a blessing. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to talk to. So let's keep this thread light-hearted and on a positive note!

I do also believe that the good that's come to me in spite of my unfortunate events should be passed down to other members as well. Maybe we can set up an automotive red cross page or something for those in need. When I'm out of the hole and doing better financially (very soon I'm hoping) I would gladly donate money to those that need it. More than a monetary solution, it offers some hope and motivation and a push to get things done. If it weren't for the overwhelmingly positive feedback here, I'd probably be a hopeless hermit sitting in a corner of my bedroom in complete darkness crying and mumbling to myself. Maybe not to that extent, but I'd be nowhere near as hopeful as I am today.

Anyway, when I get started on the repairs to Big Blue I'll post up a build thread and see where that goes. It'll be one for the long haul, and another Mustang will stay alive because of you folks.

And what's this talk about putting cars away for winter? You mean you have to stick the cars in a garage for months at a time? Well, let me tell you... here in Florida you can drive it all year round. Yup, that's right. There's just one catch: IT'S FLORIDA! People don't love making fun of Florida for nothing.
{great post} I do not know who jabbed who....But it was uncalled for and unnecessary..Need more people tring to help out folks in the world

And fall around here is the best driving weather too..lol..Nice and cool with out needing ac while driving..But we still get cold enough for snow during winter.

Yeah I don't like driving in 90* weather. Not when I have to work in it 60 hrs a week. 70's oh yeah perfect.

I hope BB can get repaired, if not maybe a solid donor vehicle is the way to go. Salvage what you can off BB and transfer it over to another shell.

Damn... so that's the new ride huh. Lookin GOOD!

Not that it's the best thing for it, but I'll be driving my '11 all year here in CT, something's gotta get the kids to school. Luckily 90% of my driving is done in a company truck.

Damn you nice weather people! :p

Yeah between having to keep the top up in the rain and picking bugs out of my hair i think I will keep driving in AZ.

The summers give me a good chance to get some work done to it.

Uh...

Saw this thread not until now - glad, BigBlue, you are ok and no other was hurt. But I feel with you and I am so sorry for this, a nightmare of everybody, who drives his dream...

I love this communities concern, readiness to help and friendly solidarity to each other. I do not have experienced that before in other web communities, this is unique and within a short time this 7173-community became my absolute favourite! Wow!

Do you have conceived a plan meanwhile?

Cheers,

Tim

Yeah I'd definitely prefer driving in Arizona. The weather is very unpredictable here, the bugs are horrible, and the humidity makes it hard to breathe sometimes. One moment it's 95 degrees and the sun is burning your skin, the next you're pulling over to put the top up because a torrential downpour is about to make your interior a wet mess. Very unstable. The weather is perfect here for about one week per year. I practically sleep outside just to make the most of it. Enjoy Arizona!

Yeah between having to keep the top up in the rain and picking bugs out of my hair i think I will keep driving in AZ.

The summers give me a good chance to get some work done to it.

So BB did you decide to shop for a new body and transfer your best parts? Only because it looks tweeked. Or did you get a chassis opinion. And what did the insurance company say? I am very interested to hear that!

I completely agree, Tim. What you find here is rare and I have never been on any other forum that even comes close to this one in terms of friendliness and support.

My plan for the car is to fix it, no matter how long it takes. I was going to get a donor vehicle, but I haven't been able to come up with the money, so I'll probably just start building it little by little. I haven't had a chance to measure the chassis and see all the parts I need, but it's going to have to be done on a part by part basis.

Uh...

Saw this thread not until now - glad, BigBlue, you are ok and no other was hurt. But I feel with you and I am so sorry for this, a nightmare of everybody, who drives his dream...

I love this communities concern, readiness to help and friendly solidarity to each other. I do not have experienced that before in other web communities, this is unique and within a short time this 7173-community became my absolute favourite! Wow!

Do you have conceived a plan meanwhile?

Cheers,

Tim

So BB did you decide to shop for a new body and transfer your best parts? Only because it looks tweeked. Or did you get a chassis opinion. And what did the insurance company say? I am very interested to hear that!
I had a perfect donor car lined up... it even had the aprons and radiator support separated and ready to be welded in. But I couldn't come up with the funds, so I'm going to have to pass up on that deal. What I've decided is to just start accumulating the parts I need once I've made an assessment of the damage. I got caught up figuring out the situation with my new daily driver and wasn't able to measure the chassis this past weekend. I did, however, pass by my parents' house (where the car is currently parked thanks to their gigantic yard) and had a good 5 minutes to look around at the damage and check the crumpled mess, and what I found was interesting.

The sheetmetal up front was crushed as far as fender, radiator support, apron, valance, bumper, etc. But the frame rail is still intact. It's probably tweaked a bit, but at least it's not bent out of shape. So beside the radiator support and apron, everything else is just outer sheetmetal. The car doesn't look twisted when seen in plain sight, so I'll take that as a plus. The control arm is bent, but I have to take a good look and see how bad it is. Oh, and the radiator is shot. Yup, I'll definitely need one of those.

Rear sheetmetal damage seems to only affect the rear quarter, taillight panel, bumper, etc. but the frame rail seems to be ok. I'll take that as another good sign. Still have lots of metal to replace, but the less deep the damage is, the better I feel.

This weekend I'll finally be able to measure everything and get an idea of what I'll be needing. So I'm still crossing my fingers and staying positive that the car isn't too badly tweaked.

As far as insurance goes, I don't get anything. I have a basic PIP policy that only covers bodily injury, since that's all I was able to afford. It bit me in the ass, unfortunately, but it was either that, or let the car rot in the driveway. You know how they say... you win some, you lose some.

After taking second looks at your pics. I can see where your coming from, hopefully the damage isn't deep. Still a lot of metal to replace.

I'd still have the frame measured to be sure though, sometimes it don't take much and nothing will line up right. Hood will sit crooked or doors and fenders won't line up. Suspension geometry gets thrown out of wack. But it does seem salvageable and maybe you can put it back together piece by piece. You sound like your on my type of budget (ain't got one) and if the frame checks out that may be the way to go. If not, me personally would just save a little here and there and if it takes a while to save up and get a donor car then so be it.

Best of luck and keep us updated.

After taking second looks at your pics. I can see where your coming from, hopefully the damage isn't deep. Still a lot of metal to replace.

I'd still have the frame measured to be sure though, sometimes it don't take much and nothing will line up right. Hood will sit crooked or doors and fenders won't line up. Suspension geometry gets thrown out of wack. But it does seem salvageable and maybe you can put it back together piece by piece. You sound like your on my type of budget (ain't got one) and if the frame checks out that may be the way to go. If not, me personally would just save a little here and there and if it takes a while to save up and get a donor car then so be it.

Best of luck and keep us updated.
Yeah, definitely going to measure every inch of the frame. This gives me a good reason to take the car apart and get everything squared up perfectly. That means it'll take me a while, being on a crazy tight budget. You know how it is... save a few bucks here, get a tip there, sell some stuff to make a few dollars... little by little it'll get to the finish line. But it all comes down to how straight the chassis is. I'm anxious to find out this weekend.

when I get a chance, Ill scan the Page from the Body Manual that has all of the measurements on it.

and I think it also says how to measure the fame.
Awesome, that would be great!! THANKS!!!

Floridian here, completely jealous of your weather. Also, jealous of your state in general.

Putting the car up for the winter!:huh: Winter in So Cal means the A/C Compressor gets a little break. rofl

Floridian here, completely jealous of your weather. Also, jealous of your state in general.

Putting the car up for the winter!:huh: Winter in So Cal means the A/C Compressor gets a little break. rofl
I like living here.The weather is hard to beat. It's darn near perfect for 340 days a year. But it has become expensive to live hear.:dodgy:

Back