Crashed the Mustang :(

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st of all, I'm happy to here your OK. In my opinion The fastest and cheapest way to get back to where you ware is to trans fir all the good parts from Big Blue to another body. The time alone to get the car back strait wouldn't be worth it and the amount of money that It will take to get the car back on the road. Your talking years of not driving "your car" I've seen this play out to many times. The faster your back in the seat looking down that long hood the better. 2nd Don't waist your time with a rusty car! Buy the best car you can. I would look for a south west car. Shipping is not that much in the big picture. Here are a couple of coupes I picked up in the past 2 years for under 500 bucks. If you find one with in 100 miles of me here in San Diego I would be more than happy to check it out for you and help out with getting it shipped.

Mike

parts car doors 011.jpg

parts car #5 002.jpg

So this must have stuck with me yesterday. I had a nightmare last night that on first start the engine caught on fire and before I could get it out, the car completely burned up.

Oh man I may need therapy now.

Ouch sorry to hear. I use state farm for insurance and it runs me $173 per year for $30,000 agreed value full coverage. You may want to look into that once you get her back on the road.

Here is a pretty nice looking donor car for $2K and it's right outside your back door.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/3995597935.html
Whoa I didn't see that. I'm gonna have this in mind as well. I have a cheaper donor car lined up, but if that falls through, I just might take a look at this one. It seems like its in good enough shape, and 2 grand is fair enough. Thanks for your continued help, I owe you!

1st of all, I'm happy to here your OK. In my opinion The fastest and cheapest way to get back to where you ware is to trans fir all the good parts from Big Blue to another body. The time alone to get the car back strait wouldn't be worth it and the amount of money that It will take to get the car back on the road. Your talking years of not driving "your car" I've seen this play out to many times. The faster your back in the seat looking down that long hood the better. 2nd Don't waist your time with a rusty car! Buy the best car you can. I would look for a south west car. Shipping is not that much in the big picture. Here are a couple of coupes I picked up in the past 2 years for under 500 bucks. If you find one with in 100 miles of me here in San Diego I would be more than happy to check it out for you and help out with getting it shipped.

Mike
Yeah, I'm weighing my options. I would like to fix the car, and hopefully a couple of body guys I know can help out enough on the price for me to tackle it. Otherwise, I'll do as some have suggested and just transfer everything. I'll see how it pans out. I'll be checking classifieds for a while, so if something comes up in your area I'll definitely contact you. Thank you so much!

So this must have stuck with me yesterday. I had a nightmare last night that on first start the engine caught on fire and before I could get it out, the car completely burned up.

Oh man I may need therapy now.
Lol... I hear ya. I think I need to go see a shrink after what happened. The first night I kept dreaming I was crashing the car. But hey, I posted up this thread to keep everyone from sleeping at night. Can't have all the nightmares on my own! :p

Ouch sorry to hear. I use state farm for insurance and it runs me $173 per year for $30,000 agreed value full coverage. You may want to look into that once you get her back on the road.
That's it?! Wow, that is CHEAP. I guess I need to look into that when I get her back out on the road. Then again, in Miami insurance is sky high. But I'll get a quote and see if I can get a good deal. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I pay about $200 per year with an agreed value of $25,000, but the insurer knows I only put a few thousand miles per year, and never drive it in rain or snow... so their risk is very low.

Classic car insurance has a lot of regulations on when and how you use your car, thats why its afordable.

I got declined from Haggarty, Grundy, and a local Classic car insurer because I don't have a garage to store my car in, and I use it almost like a daily driver during the summer months.

So I have liablity with Glass covrage.

Mike
Were neither of those worthy of a resto? I wouldn't mind finding a cheapo coupe to put some of my parts into. Of course I would prefer a Sportsroof if the price is right.

I pay about $200 per year with an agreed value of $25,000, but the insurer knows I only put a few thousand miles per year, and never drive it in rain or snow... so their risk is very low.
And is that with collector insurance or a regular insurer?

Classic car insurance has a lot of regulations on when and how you use your car, thats why its afordable.

I got declined from Haggarty, Grundy, and a local Classic car insurer because I don't have a garage to store my car in, and I use it almost like a daily driver during the summer months.

So I have liablity with Glass covrage.
Same story here with the collector car insurance. Nobody wanted to cover my car because it wasn't kept in a fully enclosed garage. I have a carport (basically a garage connected to the house, but with an open entrance and low walls to the sides) I can park it in, but that doesn't sway them in the least bit. There should be a policy for us less fortunate folks without garages to be able to get collector insurance. Maybe a little more expensive, maybe with less coverage against the weather... but some kind of option would be nice.

I use Haggarty to insure all my collector cars. 3 Lincoln's and a Caddy here for $329 and total value of $20,000 and one Linc in FL for $237 for a value of $5000.
You must have a pretty large garage. I'm jealous. I'd be the happiest man alive even with a single car garage.

And is that with collector insurance or a regular insurer?
It's Haggarty, but many ragular insurers will offer similar premiums if you can get ahold of the right person in their company who understands. They asked if it would be in a garage, and I said yes. I asked if it mattered if it was a self storage place because I intend to store it over the winter, and they said that was OK.

Glad your alright , I feel for you after seeing those heartbreaking pics. :(

Man that really sucks!!! Glad everyone is ok! I hear you on the sentimental value! I'm selling mine after 20 years with it. Bought it at 15, drove it for 3 years, parked it for about 7 and have been working on it ever since. It was very difficult to make the decision to sell, but everything happens for a reason right??? As you said, now you can fix all the rust at the same time.

Good luck with your rebuild!!! Keep us posted.

O.K. everybody I have an idea. Big Blue is in a bad way currently after the wreck and doesn't even have a daily driver now.

How about we all chip in say $20 each and give a fellow Mustanger a helping hand so he can save his car and get back on the road as soon as possible. If you feel like donating more I'm sure it won't go unappreciated and Kharma is a wonderful thing, someday it will come back ten fold if you ever need help.

Let's say that 100 of us donate $20 each, BB will have enough coin to buy a decent donor car and none of us is going to miss $20 really. I would like to see a couple of hundred guys do this as then he will be a long way to fixing the car.

We can use paypal or just drop a check in the mail.

Whatcha all say? Please respond here and I'll try to organize things and help this guy out.

Either way I'm sending him my donation.

I'm in!!! Especially since a similar offer was made to me last week by another member via PM if money was the only thing in the way of finishing my car. Turns out there was more to me selling it than that, but I can't express how appreciative I was for the offer!!!

Lets set it up ASAP!!!

We can set it up through PayPal. That's how I set up the donations for the tail light project.

Hey man. I am looking at your accident. You COULD have had better tires. I drive in Florida and we have unique weather conditions. We need to have the top rain tires because we have such f'd up weather....but the Ford saved you from severe injury. Doubt a toyota would have done as well. Just my opinion; buy a mint coupe and transfer your best parts. You had a great looking coupe. Make lemonade! Best of luck. And your car was really nice looking!

GREAT guys, that's three so far counting myself and one guy who wants to kick a man when he's down.

Really wwhite 72! BB freely admits he didn't have the best tires. I don't think it was necessary to tell him the obvious. Did you ever think that maybe he was doing what had to be done after his daily driver crapped out and needed transport to work to keep the rent paid and food on the table. Times are tough and a young guy starting out has it really rough.

I guess you never did anything remotely risky when you were young and cash was thin.

Enough ranting!

O.K. guys keep it coming and I'll PM you email info for BB unless he wants to post it here publically and you can send him the money through paypal.

BTW I love this forum, much more friendly than others I've been on.

Back