Crashed the Mustang :(

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man. I am looking at your accident. You COULD have had better tires. I drive in Florida and we have unique weather conditions. We need to have the top rain tires because we have such f'd up weather....but the Ford saved you from severe injury. Doubt a toyota would have done as well. Just my opinion; buy a mint coupe and transfer your best parts. You had a great looking coupe. Make lemonade! Best of luck. And your car was really nice looking!
That was one of the pitfalls of my '00 GT accident back in Dec. I knew I needed tires, and I simply didn't have the money for new ones. I was milking them as long as I could till I put my snows on for the winter, didn't get around to switching over and it was raining. Sh$& happens. Life goes on. Sometimes we are forced to take our chances with something we know needs attention because we just don't have the means to address it at the time.

Man that really sucks!!! Glad everyone is ok! I hear you on the sentimental value! I'm selling mine after 20 years with it. Bought it at 15, drove it for 3 years, parked it for about 7 and have been working on it ever since. It was very difficult to make the decision to sell, but everything happens for a reason right??? As you said, now you can fix all the rust at the same time.

Good luck with your rebuild!!! Keep us posted.
I've been following your build for a while and was bummed when you decided to sell it. 20 years is a long time to be with a car. I've had mine for a little over 10 and it feels like a lifetime. It must be so hard... you're a brave man. And it's an admirable thing to be able to let go, it really is. But hopefully you get the taillights rolling and a legacy is born from the project that was the Obsidian Mustang.

But like you said... everything happens for a reason. Good luck to you as well and hope you can stick around in the forum.

I was asked via PM by if we are ok with donating to a member. I'm ok with it and think it is a great gesture of goodwill in helping a fellow member out. Plus, it's your money...who am I to tell you what to do with it. ;)

Logistically I have no idea what the best method to get the money to him. I like mailing a check personally.

PayPal is easy, but personal checks are better. All we need is a name and address, which can be PM'd to every donor. But it should be up to BB... PayPal may be easier.

Guys, I'm at a loss of words over the generosity displayed here on the forum. Chris, the fact that you took the initiative to even come up with such an idea of donating money to BB is proof that through all the horrible crap and horrific human beings we see every day in the news, there are still people like you. And Obsidian, Doc, and CZ-75, you guys don't fall short of being spectacular people either. I mean, you guys are willing to donate money to some stranger you've never even met, for my poor worthless pile of metal that sits quietly in the driveway. I am grateful beyond expression to you guys for even considering sending money my way. Thank you a gazillion times. I owe you guys big time.

But enough of the cheesy speeches :D.... PM me if you're going to donate to the cause. Don't want to put any emails or addresses out there for the entire internet to see. Guys, seriously, thanks again. You're the best.

I was asked via PM by if we are ok with donating to a member. I'm ok with it and think it is a great gesture of goodwill in helping a fellow member out. Plus, it's your money...who am I to tell you what to do with it. ;)

Logistically I have no idea what the best method to get the money to him. I like mailing a check personally.
Well said. I really feel for this guy. Way back in 1978 when I was a young guy I saved up my bucks to get my first car. It was a 1973 Olds Toronado that was in beautiful shape. I had just enough for the car and not enough to insure it properly. I opted not to buy collision coverage so I could get driving right away. Wouldn't you know it but the same thing happened to me too. It was lightly snowing and I was driving only 25 MPH when the rear end spun out on a curve and I got Tee-boned by another car. It bent the frame and I couldn't afford the repairs and I lost my car.

I hope everybody else feels the same and we can get this thing rolling and help him out.

BTW this was my idea and I suggested it to BB first before posting it here.

He is very humbled and will be eternally grateful for any help that comes his way.

Come on guys let's help out this guy!

PayPal is easy, but personal checks are better. All we need is a name and address, which can be PM'd to every donor. But it should be up to BB... PayPal may be easier.
O.K. guys just shhot a PM either to me or BB and lets either of us your preferred choice of form donation and we'll give the required information to you.

I'm going with paypal because cross border checks get too difficult to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...you mean all I had to do to get some cash out of this site was to run my car into some K RAIL? How did I not think of that.

If you guys get $1000 worth of commitments, I will be in for $20. But when he is done, that thing had better be loud.

1st of all, I'm happy to here your OK. In my opinion The fastest and cheapest way to get back to where you ware is to trans fir all the good parts from Big Blue to another body. The time alone to get the car back strait wouldn't be worth it and the amount of money that It will take to get the car back on the road. Your talking years of not driving "your car" I've seen this play out to many times. The faster your back in the seat looking down that long hood the better. 2nd Don't waist your time with a rusty car! Buy the best car you can. I would look for a south west car. Shipping is not that much in the big picture. Here are a couple of coupes I picked up in the past 2 years for under 500 bucks. If you find one with in 100 miles of me here in San Diego I would be more than happy to check it out for you and help out with getting it shipped.

Mike
Were neither of those worthy of a resto? I wouldn't mind finding a cheapo coupe to put some of my parts into. Of course I would prefer a Sportsroof if the price is right.
The red 73 got shipped to Canada and became a convertible. Take a look at member Mbeauchamp thread. The blue 72, which was originally Pink had a bad vinyl roof and lived on the coast. So the salt air rusted out the roof. To bad the rest of the car was good.So it go parted out.By by parts car 002.jpg

If you use PayPal be sure to gift the money to him so there won't be any fees. It is one of the two options they offer but I can't remember exactly what they call it on the PayPal system.

Wow...you mean all I had to do to get some cash out of this site was to run my car into some K RAIL? How did I not think of that.

If you guys get $1000 worth of commitments, I will be in for $20. But when he is done, that thing had better be loud.
Same here

Running your car into a wall and waiting for donations... hmmm, maybe not the most reasonable business model :p

I appreciate your potential donation. Hell, I appreciate everything you guys have done for me so far.

As far as loud goes... if having to creep at idle through the neighborhood to avoid waking up neighbors or setting off car alarms qualifies as loud, then yes, loud won't be a problem.

If you use PayPal be sure to gift the money to him so there won't be any fees. It is one of the two options they offer but I can't remember exactly what they call it on the PayPal system.
The option is called "send money to friends or family members"

We can pay the fees which is 1% so that Big Blue gets all the donation.

P.S. guys contact BB directly for information on how to send your donation or if you want to remain anonymous you can contact me by PM and I can tell you how to send your assistance to this fellow who really needs the help.

Please guys open your wallets and give what you can or if you have any parts you want to send his way that would work too.

if you are on my route down south this fall I can pick the parts up and save the shipping costs.

BB is such a good looking car I really want to see it on the road again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The option is called "send money to friends or family members"

We can pay the fees which is 1% so that Big Blue gets all the donation.

P.S. guys contact BB directly for information on how to send your donation or if you want to remain anonymous you can contact me by PM and I can tell you how to send your assistance to this fellow who really needs the help.

Please guys open your wallets and give what you can or if you have any parts you want to send his way that would work too.

if you are on my route down south this fall I can pick the parts up and save the shipping costs.

BB is such a good looking car I really want to see it on the road again.
Apparently some of you have a problem with my trying to help this guy out. So do want you want I will no longer be posting regarding this situation. I will also have to reevaluate whether I wish to stay active on this site. I'm extremely dissapointed by the narrow minded pettiness of some individuals. All I was trying to do was help a guy in dire straights.

i dont see anything wrong with asking to help a fellow out......I know big blue did not post his crash to get a hand out...nice people are tring to help....I can see some folks getting upset cause they mite need help too..but are too proud to ask for it...Mite not be so narrow mindedness..just they got alot going on too and come here to get away from it ...Only so much drama some of us guys can take...Do not take it personaly...But i think we all know what happend..and we all know how to donate if we can...Most here are very helpfull and go out of the way for some folks...But no need for anyone on either side to get upset.

I think everyone needs to step back from the site for a day or two every now and then. Things are starting to get prickly around here. Maybe it is because driving season is about to end and people's cars are going into hibernation. Someone figure out what is going on here soon and post a solution LOL

I'd rather have to work on a problem where guys are figuring out a way to help out a fellow member rather than deal with a bunch of guys who couldn't care less.

I for one appreciate Chris' willingness to help...kudos to him for it. Now we just need to navigate how to do it. Maybe we just simply put it out there and say if someone wants to help Big Blue to PM for his email address to do a quick PayPal donation.

Cars are a very expensive hobby with many levels clearly based on how much money you have to put into them. We have the "weekend warriors" who like to tinker around in their spare time, doing as much as they can themselves to save a buck, right up to the individuals who seem to have bottomless pockets and can build their car however they choose and even have someone build it for them if they so wish. I would venture to guess that the majority falls somewhere between a "weekend warrior" to something in the middle. Few are lucky enough to have bottomless pockets and/or the ability to build a car 100% by themselves without subbing at least something out.

Here's a guy who had a nice driver, and has a very unfortunate situation on his hands. For that I say be a good person and help the guy out. He didn't choose this situation like most of us do when we are building a car, he had some crappy luck. A few weeks ago I was approached by a member via PM offering a similar donation deal to finish my project because I made the difficult decision to sell it. Thinking money was standing in my way, someone had the good nature to offer some help. In good faith I couldn't accept the offer because not only were there other factors in my life influencing my decision, but I couldn't accept an offer like that simply because I'm broke and couldn't finish my car. This situation is completely different, and if I were in his shoes I'd accept some help if it was offered too.

I guess the bottom line here is: if you want to help, then help. If you think those of us that do want to help are crazy, then delete this thread from your subscribed threads and move on. Just remember that someday you might be in a similar situation and that karma can be a real bitch!

I think everyone needs to step back from the site for a day or two every now and then. Things are starting to get prickly around here. Maybe it is because driving season is about to end and people's cars are going into hibernation. Someone figure out what is going on here soon and post a solution LOL
Driving season ending?!?!...it's just beginning. :)

What a shame. It is good that you were not hurt seriously. Mine rolled against a tree in the back yard several years ago doing a lot of damage so I know a little of what you are feeling. I hope that you are adequately insured.
Wait!!!

Yours just rolled down your property and did that much damage?

Back