Danish Mustang “Pro-Touring" project - Creator 526

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes finally! I got the car to a complete new level today! I finally got the epoxy sprayed on the inside and outside, now the car are in one color, damn this has been a dream for a while now! Got it primed everywhere where I could have my hand and spray! There are still a ton of work left to do, but the most important to me is that the car are in one color :D

52C15FDF-40B3-42FA-AF8E-214926C7FE2C.jpeg

AE971D79-EBE4-47FE-9C28-F30B71933499.jpeg

1CF691A0-228D-44DA-8BC0-7B383ABC221D.jpeg

61234A18-7ACE-449C-B6B4-9173336453C3.jpeg

2C921D43-3208-458B-A854-8CC9B8B278AC.jpeg

1AE13062-122D-4C00-AED1-3A66A6CEF7E8.jpeg

E3F34059-DA55-40D1-839B-6A70B6A13122.jpeg

92A23F01-F41C-4F73-9394-F53168DBE1F4.jpeg

B6273BA4-72BE-4A03-B9EE-02184053821C.jpeg

EBF095D8-6700-42F5-8A9D-EFFC495617F3.jpeg

Fantastic work done in past weeks!

It looks so nice, it's almost a pity to hide it with a carpet :)
Thanks a lot man! Yeah a lot has happend, I have been working hard and it paid of! I’m so glad where I am now! Haha yes you are right, but it will be covered with a lot of sound damping material and a thermal insulator to make it quiet inside :D

Nice work! What seats do you plan on running? Fyi, We had to cut the cut the seat risers out of mine to be able to run a more modern comfortable seat. Going with some 2013 mustang leather seats in mine and mocked up they look pretty good I think.

Nice work! What seats do you plan on running? Fyi, We had to cut the cut the seat risers out of mine to be able to run a more modern comfortable seat. Going with some 2013 mustang leather seats in mine and mocked up they look pretty good I think.
Thanks! That looks great man, allmost looks original but still very modern, I like that! As for seats, I really dont know yet. Have so many ideas in my head and cant really decide what to do :D

With the risers out how much headroom does that allow. I have a set of mint 2012 gt/CSU seats I’ll be trying to use

I did not measure but I would say a few inches. I can tell you that it will collapse forward without ever hitting the headliner. Here is a pic of the seat in the all the way forward position. I plan on recovering the back seat with the material from the 2014 as well. The style is VERY close to the original just way more comfortable with deeper buckets and bolsters.

I did not measure but I would say a few inches. I can tell you that it will collapse forward without ever hitting the headliner. Here is a pic of the seat in the all the way forward position. I plan on recovering the back seat with the material from the 2014 as well. The style is VERY close to the original just way more comfortable with deeper buckets and bolsters.
thats really nice man, like it a lot! Great to see what others have done! Cant wait for my turn to install interior :D

Not any progress here. Creator were out licking some sun today, but I took her into the garage very fast again because she was freezing.. :D I am helping my dad with his Mach 1, the transmission are dripping with transmission fluid, so the trans are out and we are repairing it. After that I will start to make some progress again. I miss it a lot!

14FAA9C5-BDDB-46B7-8F63-CF67D32E5AB8.jpeg

D2E8C927-8B89-4E8A-84B2-9CC46AF98C28.jpeg

67DECE5D-C174-4B20-94F4-E88296B9B46A.jpeg

6EBC7E08-2ED8-48A5-B97F-CE29D5F6EBD9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I read through this entire thread today, very nice work! What a cool concept while still keeping the look close to original. I'm looking forward to see what's next. Have you thought about shortening the front overhang like on the Pegasus car? That's one thing I really liked the proportion of.

I read through this entire thread today, very nice work! What a cool concept while still keeping the look close to original. I'm looking forward to see what's next. Have you thought about shortening the front overhang like on the Pegasus car? That's one thing I really liked the proportion of.
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate to hear those things. Many things has changed by the time. Thanks I actually like a lot that you noticed that I’m mixing those two things together, original with a modern touch. The reason for doing that is because I think that this body style in 71-73 are so perfectly made from factory that I actually some times think that it’s difficult to make any changes to it, and maybe that’s one of my reasons for taking so long about it. But I work back and forth on it when I like too and some day it will be a complete car. Right now it’s a question of money and I’m trying to do what I can with out spending money. But soon I cant move forward with out spending a lot of money on engine, transmission, interior and so on. 

Yeah I got you, I really like how the shortened that front end, looks great man! But I have’nt decided yet what to do with the front end, have a couple of cool ideas in my head and I’m a little inspired by the 69 Mustang front end here with how the headlights are placed back in the front fender. But again still thinking about what to do :D

Got a little bit done today. Got the trunklid welded back together so it’s a complete trunklid again, so now the gap between the rear glass and trunklid fits very well again. Also got startet on the rear quarters with some filler to make them look a little bit smooth again :D

588A9C64-7CEE-413E-8101-BB3F6F463204.jpeg

Back