Dark Blue vs Medium Blue

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfootlarry

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang coupe 302
73 Mustang Convertible
Does anybody know how I would find out which shade of blue my carpet originally was its between medium blue or dark blue. On the door plate the trim says CB, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The Marti Tagbook for 1971 shows interior trim code CB as being "Medium Blue Knitted". It does not specifically mention carpet. Chuck

bigfootlarry, I checked the trim code for all three model years and they all say Medium Blue. When you ordered the carpet from Ford the letter B was used and all the listing indicated was blue. Auto Custom Carpet (ACC) manufactures the majority of carpet for the aftermarket. They will let you request up to five carpet samples so you can compare it to a non faded section of your carpet.(800-352-8216) I had to do the same on my 85 GT's red carpet. Ford only listed one color, everyone else listed several. They sent the samples and I was able to compare and order the right color. SMS also will let you order interior samples as I have used them for seat and carpet material for my 71.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/request-samples.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks i really appreciate it!!!

bigfootlarry, I checked the trim code for all three model years and they all say Medium Blue. When you ordered the carpet from Ford the letter B was used and all the listing indicated was blue. Auto Custom Carpet (ACC) manufactures the majority of carpet for the aftermarket. They will let you request up to five carpet samples so you can compare it to non faded section of your carpet.(800-352-8216) I had to do the same on my 85 GT's red carpet. Ford only listed one color, everyone else listed several. They send the samples and I was able to compare and order the right color. SMS also will let you order interior samples as I have used them for seat and carpet material for my 71.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/request-samples.php

Back