Door Speaker and Cover Location?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikhead

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 351C
In putting on my new door panels, the old ones had the oval hole cut for the speak thats on the carpeted part of the door panel. The interior guy helping said the speaker wasn't located in the door panel. Someone has cut the hole in the metal of the door, so didn't know if that's suppose to be the location or not? Before I go cutting away at things, does any have a picture of what a 73 Mach 1 door panel looks like? And or the correct location of the speakers and how they're mounted. 

Thanks

In putting on my new door panels, the old ones had the oval hole cut for the speak thats on the carpeted part of the door panel. The interior guy helping said the speaker wasn't located in the door panel. Someone has cut the hole in the metal of the door, so didn't know if that's suppose to be the location or not? Before I go cutting away at things, does any have a picture of what a 73 Mach 1 door panel looks like? And or the correct location of the speakers and how they're mounted. 

Thanks
The factory door speakers were in the front section of the door in the carpet below the brightwork on deluxe door panels.

image hosting

I am pretty sure I posted the template for cutting the holes. I have a couple NOS sets of door speakers. Have 4 cars with them also.

Here are the scans of the install instructions.

The 71 grills are different they only have one vertical bar the 72 & 73 are like in the previous pic posted with 3 bars up and down.

You could blow a new set of speakers the first time you turned it up they were not so good.

IMG.pdf

IMG_0001.pdf

IMG_0002.pdf

IMG_0003.pdf

Attachments

• IMG.pdf
    578 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0001.pdf
    579.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0002.pdf
    259.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0003.pdf
    311.4 KB · Views: 22
Yes, you did, they are in post #6 of the link above, I remembered you posting them, so was easy to find that thread again. Be even easier to find them next time.

Back