• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

driver's door hinge spring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverback

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
This is quickly going up on my list of annoyances on the basket case. The driver's door hinge spring is missing. Where can I get a new one? Are they tough to replace?

Been there, tried that, did it again, the slot for the spring was worn. I got a good used hinge and pin and bushing kit from Don at OMS. It can be changed with the fender on the car. Remove front left wheel and splash shield and access the hinge bolts. Tape the door and fender edges and be VERY careful opening and closing the door or you will lose paint from both. You will still need to adjust the hinge, two people makes this a lot easier. Chuck

The hinge can be changed or just the spring? Do you have to pull the hinge to replace the spring?

With the amount of questions I'm asking that I'm getting the response "just talk to Don..." I'm thinking I'm going to need to just buy stock in his company, it will save me money in the long run after I send his kid's to college...

The hinge can be changed or just the spring? Do you have to pull the hinge to replace the spring?

With the amount of questions I'm asking that I'm getting the response "just talk to Don..." I'm thinking I'm going to need to just buy stock in his company, it will save me money in the long run after I send his kid's to college...
You can fiddle f---- around or you can make one call and get everything you need from Don. It only stings in the beginning after a few orders, than you can actually see his children getting their PHD at Harvard and Don driving to the ceremony in his Testarosa! If you can get past the first few times you got it made.Luv ya Don hope all is well until you get my next order:D

The hinge can be changed. The hinge has to be off the car to change the spring. Don is a great source of information and parts. Especially for someone like me who doesn't care for most reproduction parts. He will actually take the time to look for small pieces. As far as the Ferrari goes, I doubt it. A. he likes Fords and B. the profit margin just isn't that big. Chuck

The hinge can be changed. The hinge has to be off the car to change the spring. Don is a great source of information and parts. Especially for someone like me who doesn't care for most reproduction parts. He will actually take the time to look for small pieces. As far as the Ferrari goes, I doubt it. A. he likes Fords and B. the profit margin just isn't that big. Chuck
+10,000

With the deals that Don has I haven't even ask about pricing anymore. I just check the card statement first of the month! :p I like giving my money to people I know and trust. He's good people.

What irony - I just popped into the WTB forum for a driver's door spring, and found this thread at the top. Talk about luck :D

-Kurt

As far as the Ferrari goes, I doubt it. A. he likes Fords and B. the profit margin just isn't that big. Chuck
didn't a GT40 go for something like $11M recently?

Don, do you know?

;)

I don't see it on the site, am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back