drum to disk brakes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fs93543

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Coupe
Im going to remove my old brakes and installing disk brakes, but wondering how you guys did yours, did you buy a kit or replace them from a more modern car?

I utilized a kit from "Master Power Brakes" when I replaced the drum brakes on the front of my '73 Grande. The kit included everything but required the reuse of the existing spindles.

It worked out very well.

BT

If you are doing the front drum to disc.

I have several used complete set ups

Don

I used a set of factory brakes from a 72 vert. on my 71 mach. I rebuilt them using stock components that i bought from NAPA, advance auto, auto zone and places like that. I believe Don from OMS has a few sets of stock spindles on stock. Might want to check with him if you want to go the factory route. I like the factory brakes cause they are very easy to work on and parts are easy to get for them. I put in new bearings, seals, calipers, rotors, hoses, hardware, and dust sheilds and i think i had about 250-300 into it total.

disc3.bmpdisc2.bmp

Attachments

• disc3.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 18
  • disc2.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 10
cobra brakes all the way baby!!! it makes it even easier if you have drum spindles for the front!

I used a setup from a 95 with a conversion kit. Kept my costs down.

Im going to remove my old brakes and installing disk brakes, but wondering how you guys did yours, did you buy a kit or replace them from a more modern car?
I did this conversion on 72 vert and My current Grande. The used OEM is the easyist route. Then if You go to power assist everything matches.

cobra brakes all the way baby!!! it makes it even easier if you have drum spindles for the front!
Just curious, what would be needed for the cobra brakes conversion?

Back