edelbrock 1406 questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found that vacuum line from distributor to carb was on wrong port. Changed to from the driver side port to the passenger side. The passenger side port only has vacuum when you accurate, driver side has constant vacuum.

thanks for all the help guys, this is the first ford I've owned in years. The PO made a mess of everything under the hood.

I'm also running the 1406 on my '73 302.

I notice that you are using the Lokar Kickdown cable with the stock throttle cable. 

Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of the rest of the cable route? 

I'm specifically looking for how the throttle cable and kickdown cable run in relation

to each other and the tranny mount end of the kickdown cable, especially if you have a C-4.

Thanks,

Mike
the tranny is a AOD.  Both the engine and tranny are from the thunderbird.  let me know if you want any pictures.

Bob
If you wouldn't mind I'd like pictures of the throttle cable and kickdown mount (just to the right of your 3rd picture in the OP). I'd also like to know if/how the cable "curves around" from the tranny to the engine. The installation instructions don't show how the cable rubs from the transmission back to the carb.

Mike

Personally, I'm not  a fan of Edelbrock anything, and I am no expert by a long shot, but the (vacuum I assume) secondaries only open under load, i.e. when driving the car under hard acceleration. The best way to find out if the secondaries are opening is to place a paper clip on the shaft under the vacuum diaphragm at the top of the rod. When you get back, if the secondaries opened, the paper clip will be at the bottom  of the shaft.

If it were me, I'd junk that pos and buy a Quick Fuel, Holley or a Summit Racing's carb best suited for your engine. You're never going to get the best out of any engine with a crap carb.
+1
The fact that it runs so well in spite of it all is a testament of how awesome Edelbrock's are - try getting a Holley to run missing half it's sh!t.  :whistling:  :cool:

rofl...............LOL........i agree.... ::thumb::

Back