Ed's 1971 Mach 1 Full Restoration

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teaser! We are getting very close...no more than two weeks...Daughters wedding might slow it down...we will see

20140626_162534.jpg

Beautiful car. It looks like you must have spent thousands of hours on this car and a ton of money. Great job indeed. Love the before and after pics on everything.

Thanks for posting those pictures. As a new mach owner they are really helpful so I can compare to my car and see how or where things are supposed to be. Almost like a better illustrated chiltons manual.

Of course, the restoration looks flawless, the attention to detail is impressive.

Zaxwax, part of the reason I made this post was to hope I helped others. The 71/73 Forum was my go to source when I needed to ask something or find something. Never happens without this forum. I also posted my pics so I could be stroked as what a better way to share the hard work than with people who have done the same throughout this forum.

RottenRalph, yep hundreds if not into thousand range of hours have been put into the car. Wanted to make sure I did it right if I went this far. Of course there are some dollars in it, can't imagine what it would cost if I let someone else do it.

The shop doing the detail work to my body was closed for this week for the 4th of July. I went and got the car on Friday to work on the interior...I think I'm done with the exception of some detail work that I can see and will bother me :)

Hushmat (6).jpg

Hushmat (8).jpg

Finished Interior (5).jpg

Finished Interior (3).jpg

Finished Interior (6).jpg

Finished Interior (7).jpg

Finished Interior (8).jpg

Matte areas are painted. Only decals is the Mach 1 hockey stripe going down the side and the one along the trunk.

jbojo...that means something coming from you. I used some of your pics and work to figure out things on my car. I like what you have done also :)

jbojo...that means something coming from you. I used some of your pics and work to figure out things on my car. I like what you have done also :)

Thx, I appreciate your comments. What part of Georgia are you at? I have a daughter there in Savannah and visit there on occasion. Actually the wife is there now enjoying the heat and humidity.

Jbojo, I'm in middle Ga in Warner Robins about 2 hours from Savannah and yes it is hot and humid for sure :) What part of Washington you from? I grew up in Spokane until 9th grade and then moved near Lewiston Idaho. I was also stationed at Fairchild AFB for 5 years of my 24 years in the Air Force. My brother, sister and inlaws still live there so we make it in frequently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back