Favorite 71-73 colors?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've owned my Wimbledon White with Black Decor option 73 Convertible since 1974 and have never grown tired of the color. Still love it today!

I like the white so much my 2004 Mach 1 is white with black stripes too!

DSCF0820.jpg

DSCF0811.jpg

DSCF1852.jpg

These are my favorites:

Med Blue Metallic with argent hood, & white interior

Blue glow with white interior

Pewter metallic with vermillion interior

White with black or blue interior

Green with argent, & black or ginger interior

Med yellow with black interior

Red with vermillion interior

Then all the unusual colors like the aqua green color, copper, etc.

I think medium bright yellow with black stripes hands down looks the best on these cars. Bummer mine is bright red.Well not to bright any more.Their to many red ones. Pewter looks real good to. You can't go wrong with the factory blues and greens.Paint one black and you will have one mean looking car.

image0-5.jpg

I like the Yellow. Medium bright blue metallic with argent is nice. I do not know if it was originally available but White with Argent stripes and a red or blue interior has been on my mind lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with medium blue and argent. I almost did it but, I already have two blue cars and a truck. Chuck

The bright red is real pretty - that would be why there are so many of them on the road. I also love the grabber green. If I were a happy green color sort of person, mine would be grabber green.

I do like the yellow. I like some of these more modern color combo's though.

I love all the grabber colors.

Apart from that it's aqua or argent, the latter with the black stripes and hood.

And of course yellow, but I guess that was obvious, wasn't it.

the reason why I have to list that many colors, is that the color of choice depends on the overall look of the car and the body style. Where I love the Grabbers for Fastbacks, I don't really like them on verts.

@ M Beauchamp. That is a great choice of color, especially for a ragtop with white interior and top.

But, lemme tell you, a white interior on a convertible is a major PITA. Ask me how I know.......:dodgy:

My Favourite is Gold Glow/6F/ Meltallic glow paint with the black body stripes, Black vinyl roof and tutone hood. Mine of course. :)

Once my 71 Mach 1 is finished, it will be painted in Bright Blue/Acapulco Blue, but I will tweak the hue a little to make the color a little more harmonic with the Medium Blue interior. I like the color very much, because it looks very "seventies". Of course most other factory colors also looked very "seventies", too...

The paint guys and I have tried a lot, but finally painted a sample piece of sheetmetal to test the shade in combination with the argent decals and the brightwork. This is the result and it looks great as you can see.

DSC01134.JPG

My other favorite factory colors for the car is Dark Green Metallic, especially when it has a matching interior. I also like Dark Medium Gold with a black interior.

I like the Yellow. Medium bright blue metallic with argent is nice. I do not know if it was originally available but White with Argent stripes and a red or blue interior has been on my mind lately.
I'll bet the white with argent stripes would be awesome!

I'm a fan of the yellow, but I can't help but keep glancing at Eric's pewter and black every time he posts in a thread haha

Raven Black or Grabber Blue. My car was originally medium yellow gold which is sort of like dijon mustard. Not attractive to my eye or the previous owner. He painted it red w/ black striping like a Boss 351. I painted mine Napa Blue and Whimbeldon White.

I like them all but I guess my top 5 would be;

1) White w/ black

2) Grabber Green w/ black

3) Anti Establishment Mint Green w/ black

4) Grabber Lime w/ black

5) Red w/ black

Last edited by a moderator:
I think medium bright yellow with black stripes hands down looks the best on these cars. Bummer mine is bright red.Well not to bright any more.Their to many red ones. Pewter looks real good to. You can't go wrong with the factory blues and greens.Paint one black and you will have one mean looking car.
I love the pickup and camper are they your's?

Back