Feedback on 1971 M-code I am looking at

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Kurt, but what's a cowl hat? I get the car tomorrow night so I will look at it more in detail over the weekend.
Here's what a non-A/C cowl looks like when split in two - you can see the "hat" shaped duct on each side. A/C cowls have a single duct on the right side. Two cowl hats = factory non-A/C car.

cowl11_3.jpg

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what a non-A/C cowl looks like when split in two - you can see the "hat" shaped duct on each side. A/C cowls have a single duct on the right side. Two cowl hats = factory non-A/C car.
Thank you. Looked at it, and it is definitely a non-A/C factory car. It has two hats.

There she is. Got the lift assembled in my garage today. Looks awesome!

20140906_181937.jpg

20140906_182101.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, you're gonna love the drive and the performance.

Here in WNY some of the gas stations recently started providing ethanol free 91 octane gas. It's about 25 - 30 cents more a gallon than the 10% ethanol grades, but the difference is well worth it. Better start up, runs cooler and way better mileage. My buddy has a 70 Torino 429 SCJ and it runs very well on it. My 73 and 69 convertibles run exceptionally well with it. If you can get it, I recommend you try it.

Valvoline Racing oil - VR-1 is the way to to.

Back