FMX Transmission... cooler lines

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1. Originally 2V but going 4V soon!
vhaijd.jpg

Spent an hour before the kid got home trying to get this on. It's the side line. From the pic now that I can see it looks like the female fitting on the transmission may be boogered up.

Questions:

1) Can this fitting be removed or is part of the transmission case? Looks like it can be removed but a quick tug and I thought I would ask.

2) Quick search and call to Kens auto parts and I don't think you can get lines but Ken said some people make them from brake lines. Anyone ever do that?

Thanks for any input.

Cole

I've got a clean fmx in my shed. I'll check tomorrow what that connection looks like. I believe its just a pipe thread into the case. I've seen pre-bent cooler lines in Mustangs Unlimited catalog for the fmx.

I've got a clean fmx in my shed. I'll check tomorrow what that connection looks like. I believe its just a pipe thread into the case. I've seen pre-bent cooler lines in Mustangs Unlimited catalog for the fmx.
Thanks Rick. I found this and it looks real similar. Found the lines here too but will look at Mustangs Unlimited for the better price!

http://www.dallasmustang.com/product.php?productid=574

That looks like a standard pipe reduction line on the transmission housing (and yes, the threads do look bad - don't re-use it) - you may be able to source one at your local auto parts store.

-Kurt

MC, It's a threaded adapter that screws into the trans. Then the line screws into the adapter. I just took one off a broke FMX I have and will drop it in the mail to you tomorrow. Brake lines and trans lines are all the same just bent differently. Try Don at OMS for the lines.

MC, It's a threaded adapter that screws into the trans. Then the line screws into the adapter. I just took one off a broke FMX I have and will drop it in the mail to you tomorrow. Brake lines and trans lines are all the same just bent differently. Try Don at OMS for the lines.
Thanks Don. I just mainly needed to know if it was threaded on both ends or part of the housing. Cost ya a buck or two to send that and it won't be but a dollar at the auto parts store. :) I got to run by Ken's anyway tomorrow and get some battery terminals.

Dude I unloaded it solo and winched her in the garage solo. It's a little up hill. Dropped a couple anchors in the foundation to get it done.

Gonna start a build thread soon.

Back