Fold Down Carpet Square our Panel?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikhead

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 351C

upload picture without account

The mustang is 95% complete with only small stuff left. In the pictures below when the seat folds down, there is a square panel. My interior guy said there’s a plastic panel there where a mustang guy said it’s carpet. Which is it? He said the plastic cover would bolt on? So I got some carpet and it was the wrong size and shape. If the panel does take carpet anyone know where I can find matching aftermarket color? Everything currently is a darker ginger but need a large square if it’s carpet. The one guy provided an old picture where it is carpet. Any help is appreciated

It's carpeting for certain, but I want to say that certain colors the folddown panels were black, as would the carpet. David has his very original 73 Mach with ginger interior and could probably chime in.

Maybe a call to NPD or ACC would yield the carpet you need.

Just an FYI - you need to remove the rear window to properly install the headliner and sail panels. They wrap around the pinch weld and are held in place by the backlight gasket.

Back