For Sale: 73 Q Code Mach 1 in San Diego,CA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stangace20

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 351C Gold Glow
1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
OK, this is a mach 1 a classic car dealer client of mine just got in. And owning a 72 mach and being on a lot of boards as well as the local mustang club I promised him I would help get the word out about it

(plus I get a finders fee if I help sell it,lol)

So as said, it is 73 a Q code 351C (CJ I believe) w/ a C6 Auto, and 53,500 miles on it. (I believe from new but don't quote me)

It is in VERY nice condition. Paint, interior,engine bay are all practically mint! And everything on the car checks out w/ the VIN & Data tag...with the ONE EXCEPTION that the data tag lists the original color of the car as the 5M metallic copper. But as you can see it is painted grabber blue

(which I'm pretty sure they didn't have in 73).

But the paint is still REALLY nice.....to the point it would just about be a crime to think about respraying it or anything even if it is wrong. Plus I'm sure the grabber blue is more popular than copper. So I don't think it hurts the value of the car much, but its just worth noting.

The car runs and drives great. (went for a ride in it myself to take these pics).

And a little side note the car was featured in a mustang/pin-up calendar back in 1995 (which is that thing on the window in a few pics)

He's looking to get $23,950 or so out of it

IMG_8045.jpg

IMG_8058.jpg

IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_8057.jpg

IMG_8078.jpg

IMG_8147.jpg

Unfortunately, does not appear to be a California car.
I'm pretty sure it is,it was originally shipped to/sold in the LA/SoCal Sales region just like mine was (71 DSO)

IMG_8051.jpg

see, here's the DT on mine. And we ran a marti report on mine and confirmed it to be a CA car, it was even first sold right here in San Diego. Though I'm not sure about where the 73 Q code was actually first sold. I've told him about getting a marti report but he's not really bothered about it.

IMG_4675.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been Jones'n over this car for the last couple weeks on craigslist, wishing I hadn't sunk so much $$$ in my car........

But as you can see it is painted grabber blue

(which I'm pretty sure they didn't have in 73).

But the paint is still REALLY nice.....to the point it would just about be a crime to think about respraying it or anything even if it is wrong. Plus I'm sure the grabber blue is more popular than copper. So I don't think it hurts the value of the car much, but its just worth noting.
Nice looking car. Matches a convertible I'm very fond of... Anyway, yes it is good to mention the colour change, I think it is actually a '73 colour though. Looks like it could be 1973 code 4N Medium Aqua. The Sherwin Williams Rep that talked to my paint guy said it was only available on Mustangs and Cougars and only in the Mainland U.S. market.

Could affect the value a bit I guess but as you mentioned: it is still a very nice looking car.

IMG_1299.JPG

DSCF6917.JPG

only the person who repainted it will know if it is or not I guess

If it is a California car, where is the original license plate?

The plate on that car is 95 or so.

The plate on that car is 95 or so.
A buddy of mines wife has personalize plates that have been on at least 4 suburbans that I know of and are the old blue and yellow CA plates.Just a thought.:cool:

The DSO is 71 which is Los Angeles...that makes it a CA car...doesn't matter if it has plates from the moon. Plates get lost/stolen over the years on lots of cars. Check out how many of the 60's mustangs have the original black plates on them...not many.

Took a few months, but THIS CAR FINALLY BEEN HAS SOLD!

IMG_8045.jpg

My friend was asking $23,900 or so for it, and as I said, it was worth the money. He sold it last week for $23,400

Which gives me hope for ours since we are going to be selling it too,now that I have moved out of the immediate area and my dad cannot look after it on his own with everything else he currently has on his plate. http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-very-nice-gold-glow-1972-mach-1-for-sale

Back