for sale on craigslist Mach 1, $12k

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1990 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, 306ci
1978 F150 Ranger, 545 Stroker
1973 Mexican Mach 1 ( final confirmation TBD), 351C
[url=https://ibb.co/kqFMPqf][img]https://i.ibb.co/GCjFrCL/pic1.jpg[/img][/url]
Here's a pic of the first grabber yellow one.  Not bad for the price ($12,500) upon initial look. No substitute for checking them out in person though.

Then here are a couple of pics of the second one.  I find it just a little on the rough side.

White now but originally was med yellow gold.  Very poor paint job and associated detail work.

Originally a Sportsroof (Not a Mach1) and it had a 351 4V.

00Z0Z_d2Ta9T2VfeT_600x450.jpg

00G0G_jCt3y4b1Uj1_1200x900.jpg

Med yellow gold  

1971 Medium Yellow Gold.JPG

Ray

00B0B_4WqtBWx6n8m_1200x900.jpg

Yikes!! Be careful on the yellow one.  Looks like the seams on the tail light panel and door sills have been "smoothed over". Could be body filler hiding rust...

The yellow one has a interesting front seat upholstery combination. I don't want to be too critical however. Some people might want a lower buy-in, understanding that it isn't a show car, and maybe they can have fun for a few years before rust potentially returns or there are other issues. As long as the dealer hasn't hidden major safety issues, at least it keeps another '71 to '73 Mustang on the road.

$12k for a solid driver is fair money all day long. and by solid, I mean runs and drives....both of these cars are in better driving condition than mine, so my frame of reference is different I guess.

I prefer a stick shift however.

for me, the fun with old cars is 1) finding a great deal 2) restoring and modifying 3) driving 4) selling 5) buying the next car.

I spent 3 years looking for my '78 F150 Ranger. then I spent another year rest-moding it. I've kept it in storage for 2 years, driving it about 100 miles per month( except winter), and just got it accepted into Bring a Trailer. it will be listed within the next few weeks. The truck is everything I ever wanted in a 70's Ranger. 545 stroker, 620hp, cruises the highway at 80mph laser straight. to me, the truck is perfect....and now its time to sell it.

I've discovered over the years that the thrill for me is the chase and then the build....and that is why I am always looking for new stuff. you don't usually find the next cool thing exactly when you want it...

It's better to keep doing that with vehicles rather than women- the chase, the build, then sell/dump. lol

Back