front suspension

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang fastback,{mine} 74 Chevy Nova {girlfriends car}
2001 Sunfire that is falling apart haha.
Ok my front end bottoms out. And the car is very bouncy. It originally came with a 302 but now has a 351C could it just be in need of bigger coil springs or maybe new shocks. It wasn't that bad with the stock oil tank but with my bigger Milodon tank and headers I am afraid of hitting the ground and that would not be fun.

Thanks for any reply.

Mine is a 302 car and bottoms out quite regularly! Collector flange is probably rounded smooth by now...LOL! It also hits hard in the front suspension, but I attributed it to the 1.5" drop tubular control arms. I fear bumps and pot holes big time!

Same for me I don't even need a bump. If I go a little to fast and the road has a slight dip I bottom out and I noticed the plug on my oil pan has already hit the pavement. Definitely don't want to make a hole in the pan. Luckily I know the streets in the area pretty well so I know where I can have a little fun and where to drive like a Sunday driver hahaha

Hi Eric, your shocks are what will control the bounce. The springs set height. Stiffer shocks tighter ride and more road feel.

Alan L
Thanks Alan that was what I thought but wanted to make sure hahaha.

does anyone have suggestions as far as shocks go I would like a stiffer ride but not something that will break my spine every time I go aver train tracks:D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back