Fuel Injection vs. Carburation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the auto trans, I would certainly not use that carb. Heavy car, no stall converter, no deep gears, stock compression... that dog's barkin' up the wrong tree. I can see the secondaries are black... engine's gagging on it...

I'd think a 600-750 vacuum secondary would be a much better choice, leaning more towards the 600.

Intake should do just fine for a driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
The black is a shadow, the throats are actually clean (except for a load of dust). Still, I'd agree that a standard 600 cfm Holley would be much better than this thing!

The black is a shadow, the throats are actually clean (except for a load of dust). Still, I'd agree that a standard 600 cfm Holley would be much better than this thing!
Aggreed! The DP with those bowls is a bad ars looking carb but overkill for most street driven cars. (Unless you plan on super charging it one day...)

Anyways, get some spark plug wires too... it will run much smoother with them. :) ;):p

Aggreed! The DP with those bowls is a bad ars looking carb but overkill for most street driven cars. (Unless you plan on super charging it one day...)

Anyways, get some spark plug wires too... it will run much smoother with them. :) ;):p
Then I guess you would not be interested in my 850DP then:D

Back