Greetings from NC

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whayasay

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1. Grabber Blue, 351 Cleveland.
Good evening! Just found this site. Just picked up a 71 Mach 1 project. It's factory Grabber Blue and has a 351 Cleveland stroked to a 408. Needs the gas tank/fuel lines replaced. It's not far from being complete, it just needs cleaning and finishing up.

Anyway, I have a question. The car currently has 14" 5-slots on it. I like the wheels, but tires are hard to find. I found a listing for 17x8 Bullitt wheels on Craigslist for $250. What would it take to make them fit?

Anyway, sorry to ramble. I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way.

Thanks,

Bryan

DSC_0488.JPG

Welcome to the club from northern Nevada, Bryan! Glad to have you here. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with some good advice - or go ahead and post it in this forum of our website: http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-aesthetics-interior-exterior-wheels-and-tires

You've got a nice looking project there. And there's no such thing as long-winded around here - we appreciate a good story and details related to work on projects. Glad you found us!

::welcome:: From San Diego. Their are a few guys running Bullitt wheels. You need to get wheel spacers from a Mustang supplier. Member sm3570 can tell you what spacers you need.

Welcome from Chesapeake VA, nice looking ride where did you find it?

Thanks for the warm welcome. I had a 73 Grande coupe when I was 14. It needed too much work and I was too impatient to wait to get it done. I HAD to have a car to drive when I was 16. So, it went away. I've regretted it ever since. I've had a few old cars in my garage since then. I had a 77 Lincoln Continental, a 77 VW Beetle, a 1954 Belair and currently own a 65 Galaxie 500. I've always wanted a Mach 1 and found this one in eastern NC on Craigslist. A buddy and I made a banzai run there last Saturday to look at it and haul it home.

It's a 10-footer now. I want to get it running reliably and drive it. I'll worry about restoration at a later date. I really like the 14" slots. I hope I can find reasonably priced tires for it so I don't have to replace the wheels.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I had a 73 Grande coupe when I was 14. It needed too much work and I was too impatient to wait to get it done. I HAD to have a car to drive when I was 16. So, it went away. I've regretted it ever since. I've had a few old cars in my garage since then. I had a 77 Lincoln Continental, a 77 VW Beetle, a 1954 Belair and currently own a 65 Galaxie 500. I've always wanted a Mach 1 and found this one in eastern NC on Craigslist. A buddy and I made a banzai run there last Saturday to look at it and haul it home.

It's a 10-footer now. I want to get it running reliably and drive it. I'll worry about restoration at a later date. I really like the 14" slots. I hope I can find reasonably priced tires for it so I don't have to replace the wheels.
Welcome from washington state

I realy like the original slotted mags that came on my car too....Have you looked into getting the raised white letter firestones? Kinda spendy..But im going to try and pick some up for my stang..I think they look amazing on slotted mags...Even the on the little 14's..lol

Welcome from Southern California. Nice Mach1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back