H-Code to 350HP, Drive Train and Suspension Help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a one year old thread but it's still very interesting !

What's the price for such an upgrade ??

I have a stock H-code Cleveland with headers, Pypes dual exhaust, Weiand intake, Holley carb etc. I'm probably in the 250 hp range, but I want to rebuild it soon and get 350-400 hp out of it if possible.

if you want ram-air to work like factory i dont think you can have the aussie heads bc of the intake im going through that as we speak i have an rpm air gap
Just to clarify, the heads do not matter for ram air--just the intake. Most probably know that already, but I felt it important to be clear. With the intake and spacer on my 69, some changes to my already modified shaker were needed to fit, but the Aussie Heads made no difference in carb base height.

if you want ram-air to work like factory i dont think you can have the aussie heads bc of the intake im going through that as we speak i have an rpm air gap
Just to clarify, the heads do not matter for ram air--just the intake. Most probably know that already, but I felt it important to be clear. With the intake and spacer on my 69, some changes to my already modified shaker were needed to fit, but the Aussie Heads made no difference in carb base height.
Yes the heads do matter if you use after market heads. Ask me how I know

Be careful of your distributor as well. Everyone who has an aftermarket distributor has a problem with the RAM AIR. There are fixes posted here. The main issue is all the aftermarket distributors are too tall.

However, you can convert a stock 351C distributor to HEI and keep your stock cap, or convert to a stock diameter HEI cap.

PM me for more specifics.

Back