headlight bezels?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71fastback

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportsroof.
Did the 71 Mustang come with any kind of bezel surrounding the headlights? I don't have them on mine and I can't remember ever seeing them on other 71's. Was it only the 73's that had them? Thanks

The 71&72s only had a mounting ring around the headlights. The square bezels, sometimes referred to as "headlight doors" only came with the 73.

The 71&72s only had a mounting ring around the headlights. The square bezels, sometimes referred to as "headlight doors" only came with the 73.
We may be saying the same thing but just to be sure..... On a 71-72 Mach 1, the headlight bulb is held in place with a stainless steel retainer fastened to the headlight bucket with 3 screws. That retainer is covered with a narrow, round, black ring secured with a single screw. Chuck

Did the 71 Mustang come with any kind of bezel surrounding the headlights? I don't have them on mine and I can't remember ever seeing them on other 71's. Was it only the 73's that had them? Thanks
I have just converted my '71 Mach 1 from a '73 grille installed by a PO back to a '71 grille.

On all '71-73 models, the bulb is held in place by a stainless steel ring. On the '71 model, the stainless is covered by a narrow round black ring. On the '73 model, it is covered by a wide rectangular hedlamp door.

- Manfred

We may be saying the same thing but just to be sure..... On a 71-72 Mach 1, the headlight bulb is held in place with a stainless steel retainer fastened to the headlight bucket with 3 screws. That retainer is covered with a narrow, round, black ring secured with a single screw. Chuck
That's exactly what I meant. I typed my above post at half past midnight local time and my skills in expressing myself in a foreign language had somewhat suffered... :D

That's exactly what I meant. I typed my above post at half past midnight local time and my skills in expressing myself in a foreign language had somewhat suffered... :D
I understand. I could not begin to write in German, French, or Letzebuergesh. Your command of English is very good indeed. Chuck

I understand. I could not begin to write in German, French, or Letzebuergesh. Your command of English is very good indeed. Chuck
Well thank you Chuck!

Respect! How did you come up with " Letzebuergesh"? How come you know how that is pronounced in our language? :huh:

Well thank you Chuck!

Respect! How did you come up with " Letzebuergesh"? How come you know how that is pronounced in our language? :huh:
I was stationed in Deutschland (Flugplatz Hahn) and visited your country on a weekend trip. That is when I learned about your country using three different languages. It seems more different languages may be used now. Chuck

Ok, Hahn is just around the corner.

Where did you go when you visited Luxembourg?
I only had a day to visit so all I got to see was the city and the American cemetery. This was a long time ago, 1974. Chuck

X2 on that guys.. at least, in the Mach 1 style grill this is the way to go :) I´ve seen those black rings for sale in ebay at a reasonable price if you are luck of them...

Back