Headlight extensions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Install before or after fenders?
First the fenders ( don't forget the plastic hole covers, see attachment)and then the fender aluminium extensions.

After this the complete pre mounted headlight assemblies/buckets/extensions, for good fitment don't screw the bolts to fast/tighten, then you can play for good fitting L/R-up/down to the front grill fitment.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the head light extensions?

First the fenders ( don't forget the plastic hole covers, see attachment)

And then the complete pre mounted headlight assemblies/buckets/extensions, for good fitment don't screw the bolts to fast/tighten, then you can play for good fitting L/R-up/down to the front grill fitment.
+ 1 to what Eddy said.

For mine I went in this sequence.

• Front Fender trim
  • Plastic hole covers
  • headlight buckets
  • grille
  • front valence
  • lastly the front bumper

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, these dudes:

IMG_0885_zps8c8dddfa.jpg

IMG_0884_zpsc48abe7c.jpg

So they go on after the fenders.

Thanks.

Install the headlamp housings after the fenders are installed..Ideally you want the fenders lined up snugged..Then fit the housings. Theres lots of room on them for adjustment..SO you may need to to loosen the bolts on them to fit AFTER THE FENDERS are placed where they belong..You may also need to loosen again after the bumper is installed fitting the grille in order to get both headlamps even squared in the grille openings..

Install the front splash shields before the fenders or they won't go in. Guess how I know. Chuck

Wow - I got mine to go in a couple weekends ago. I must've done somethin' wrong. ;) :D

Back