heads 351C 4V

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altair51

Reaction score
My Car
convertible 72 Q code wimbledon whithe
Hello what is the difference between breeches heads marked "2" in the corner(area) left and the marked breeches " 4 "??

Valves? The combustion chamber? The width of the escape?

The INTAKE MANIFOLD under the carburetor is engraved(burnt):DIZE-8425-BB

is good for a 351C 4V??

and is possible a 351C whit heads engraved " 2 " ?

Thank you for your answer

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello what is the difference between breeches heads marked "2" in the corner(area) left and the marked breeches " 4 "??

Valves? The combustion chamber? The width of the escape?

The INTAKE MANIFOLD under the carburetor is engraved(burnt):DIZE-8425-BB

is good for a 351C 4V??

and is possible a 351C whit heads engraved " 2 " ?

Thank you for your answer
The "2" indicates a 351C 2V head while the "4" is for a 4V head

The 2V heads have nominal valve diameters of 2.04 inches on the intake and 1.66 inches on the exhaust while the 4V heads hae 2.19 inches on the intake and 1.71 inches on the exhaust.

The ports on the production 2V heads are significantly smaller than those on the 4V heads. The early 4V heads also had quench chambers whereby all 2V heads have open chambers.

Here is a link as to your intake manifold.

http://www.mustangtek.com/Intake/D1ZE-9425-BB.html

Hope this helps.

BT

My convertible Q code 72 is equipped with an engine 351C 4V. Nevertheless Cylinder heads are marked "2" it is a normal assembly or Cylinder heads were changed??

How to be certain that it is the good Cylinder heads which are on the engine??

It is possible to have breeches " 2 " with a intake manifold 4 barrel ?? Thank you

The intake would most likely match the heads if it is a cast iron Ford intake. That intake is a spread bore 2 barrel design. You cannot instal a 4barrel carb on it, or a square bore 2 barrel either. You Can install the Edelbrock 2750 intake with a sq bore 4barrel carb on the factory 2v heads. Edelbrock and Holley make a number of carbs that would make your car run very well. The intake new is around $300....a new holley 4160 for a Ford automatic is around $400. You engine will be much improved with that simple upgrade. Probably pick up 30hp with a 650 carb.

My convertible Q code 72 is equipped with an engine 351C 4V. Nevertheless Cylinder heads are marked "2" it is a normal assembly or Cylinder heads were changed??

How to be certain that it is the good Cylinder heads which are on the engine??

It is possible to have breeches " 2 " with a intake manifold 4 barrel ?? Thank you
Ya..some one has changed out the heads...Should be a 4 stamped...So im sure your manifold been changed too...and even maybe the whole motor...You will have to check the codes..If you can see them...Does it have a cast iron manifold? replacement carb?

thanks for your answer but My intake manifold is this one :http://www.mustangtek.com/Intake/D1ZE-9425-BB.html

is assembly for cobra jet 72 engine

thanks for your answer but My intake manifold is this one :http://www.mustangtek.com/Intake/D1ZE-9425-BB.html

is mount on cobra jet 72 engine
That i beleive is a 1973 cj manifold...See the EGR groove? Now i know you can bolt on a cj manifold too 2v heads and make it work..It will run..But not flow properly...I hope this is not the case with your motor...But the "2" on the heads is for sure 2v heads...Does it still have the EGR plate?

It should have some kinda plate...A stock 4300 should not work on a 4300d manifold with out some kinda spacer or something...The 4300d was the most spread out carb ford made at the time...Nothing really matches up with the original manifold.

Back